Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

question about lowering

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
clinster73 said:
Barcode
Those rims are awsome!
Who makes em?

mine are actually BSA but AR racing do a cheaper version but are cheaper quality and i didnt want to comprimise with 19's

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
Barcode said:
mine are actually BSA but AR racing do a cheaper version but are cheaper quality and i didnt want to comprimise with 19's

do you have much trouble with the rims discolouring or chiping easily, as i heard a few bad storys and warrenty. as i want to get these for my statesman in 20"

1211200423703PM.jpg

kmbattle

Reaction score
Ultra lows will look nice but may require camber kit, im not too sure but.
Motivator, if your question was for me they are 19's.
Troy, I paid $600 for 2 pairs king superlows, wheel alignment and all labour.
Barcode, If you dont mind me asking how much did u pay for your wheels?
I have the cheaper hp designs, had them for 6 months no problems with chrome so far.

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
Troy711 said:
ive seen a set of ultra lows on ebay. anyone got comments? how low do they drop it? and has anyone got pics?

if they are a good name brand and reasonably priced ok
watch out if they have been in a car for a while as you dont know how sagged they could be and you dont have warranty
my opinion go new so you have something to fall back on - ie not what they told you as to height of car or if they sag in the future

wgs150
mine are in shadow chrome and so far have not had any probs
the car is only 6 months old but the rims look as they did brand new

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
kmbattle said:
Ultra lows will look nice but may require camber kit, im not too sure but.
Motivator, if your question was for me they are 19's.
Troy, I paid $600 for 2 pairs king superlows, wheel alignment and all labour.
Barcode, If you dont mind me asking how much did u pay for your wheels?
I have the cheaper hp designs, had them for 6 months no problems with chrome so far.

no probs at all
retail was $2600 fitted allround with NS2 nangs on them
I paid $1000 neat as i also traded my factory 17's in on them ( i deal with these people all the time so a good deal was had and i did it the following morning after picking up car)
as i said above mine are shadow chrome and BSA shadow is darker than HP or AR racing which is what i liked as well as the recomended better quality

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
all new vz ute come with a camber kit (or a varation of what you call a camber kit from factory, this being to solve the dillemas the vu s packs and ss's had with the inside of the tyre chopping out the executive and all done it to but not as bad cause they are only 15"s so all ute's including exec's now come standard with a camber kit, however suspension places stillwill try tro rip you and say you nedd a camber kit for your ute when you lower it(bullshit they allready have one you just need to adjust it

also barcode full point's for your reply
\
I lowered mine with lovells super lows
cost around 180 pair for springs
used original shocks ( mine being ss has fe2 already so kept original shocks)
Fitted myself - took about 3 hours all up ( rear is piss easy but front a bit fiddly as you have to compress springs - used air tools so made job easier)
No camber kit - when had it aligned after fitment ( day after picking car up) tyre place told me settings were good - however i have found that i do get tyre wearbut it handles really good. i talked to them again after fitting second set of tyres and they told me with the settings i have a camber kit would not help much as the main problem is when the back end squats when under acceleration which in my case is a fair bit

If anyone has better personal results from fitting the camber kits love to hear about it but at this stage i will just live with the way it is as the handling is great and drives nice
Hope this and the picks help

the main problem is when the ute get fairly heavy acceleration fairly often they squat and chew insides of tyres out even when you factoery camber kit is adjusted one hundreded percent correctly

hope this helps (if necessary i will photograph the factory camber kit to prove that they come withone)

O

oompn

I lowered mine with pedders superlows at the front and ultra lows at the back to get the overall straight look, like barcode. No camber kit or any other changes after approx one month after pickup. I think it looks great.

wgs150 i like the look of those rims.

Attachments

• slammed.jpg
    slammed.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 276