Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question re swap vt Acclaim for vr Calais

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
Hey guys just after a bit of an opinion on a swap. A vt s2 acclaim from 2000 that's done 259000 auto, lowered at the back for a manual 1993 vr Calais lowered all round, extractors that's done 235000.

Who do you think is getting the better deal?

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
Any particular reason? The abs module on the vt is gone so there's one repair I have tried to avoid, and I'm selling the vx ss rims to cover the rego and Rwc if I go ahead

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
no not really,personally i dont like going from a newer model to an older one unless it was something rare or v6 to v8 etc but its up to you.
if you think the vr is a better car than what you've got then go for it... is the vr a v6?

Comlover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
MM well beside being seriese one it is a calais...It depands what you like more? To more i like vr's over vt but people have there own opinion... And behin manual is a plus side...If you like that sort of stuff

pete_car

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Acclaim
Thanks guys, IMO the vr is in alot better condition than mine, and the drive I had of the vr was alot smoother and nicer than the vt. I'm going to go for the VR and worst case scenario I have a VR Berlina that my partner is learning in at the moment so I can sell the Calais if after a while I find I'm not a fan.

Yes it's a v6 as well. P plate laws kinda dictate I have to look for them for the next 2 and a half years...