Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions About Lowering

NateGL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-S-II
anyone kno of a good place in melb round doncaster east ringwood glen waverly area lol? that cud do lovell supers lows on rear n lows on front?
PS: wat u guys pay for insurence or just didnt tel them... racv said can only go like 3cm from stock height or watever... n e one hav this prob n find away round it bsides not telling the,?

PPS: got a vy s-pac 03 s2

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
Sly-VY I paid $120 for my full set. I scored them of another forum. If you do a search on the other main Commodore website in the freestyling section, I posted up a step by step guide complete with pics when I did my Clubby. Click on my link under this post to see it on Superlow King Springs. Part numbers, fronts are KHFL 47SL, Rears are KHRL - 46SLHD. Most people recommend going KHRL - 46SLHHD in the rear as they are extra heavy duty. But I have 19's with 245/40/19's and with 5 people it doesn't scrape.

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
Thanks for the info VYClubby. You have a link for the step by step guide?

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
yeh wont even bother telling insurance mate cos they can say good buy and not cover u.but if u do have a smash id take em out cos if they find out that u do they dont have 2 cover u so ur in a lose lose situation jus hope that u dont crash

familyguy

Bog Standard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
yeh wont even bother telling insurance mate cos they can say good buy and not cover u.but if u do have a smash id take em out cos if they find out that u do they dont have 2 cover u so ur in a lose lose situation jus hope that u dont crash

Then go someplace that will. There are companies that will insure you for the majority of properly-done suspension mods. My previous car was lowered an inch, bringing it to the minimum 100mm above the ground and it was insured with a Major Insurer for very little extra a year.

<spray>
I dont want you to run into me if you're not insured for your mods, pal...and you reckon you'll get access to your car after you stack it? Good one.
</spray>

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I lowered mine with pedders sports ryder springs myself and went in for half a kit for a bit more adjustment.
I'm running 18's and mine is a berlina so i'd say sports models are fine but normal models may require a kit depending on how low you go.