Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

questions about my caprice 2008

S.alajmi.87

Reaction score
Members Ride
caprice 2008

Good morning.​
I'm from Kuwait, My Car - Chevrolet Caprice 2008 - Middle East - V8 6.0L , I want to buy headers for my car.
What is the best in your opinion

I want to buy headers 1 7/8 3 inch

What do you think?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Nice car. In australia Pacemakers are pretty big company. Look them up.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build

Good morning.​
I'm from Kuwait, My Car - Chevrolet Caprice 2008 - Middle East - V8 6.0L , I want to buy headers for my car.
What is the best in your opinion

I want to buy headers 1 7/8 3 inch

What do you think?

Will you be keeping the standard cats?

1 7/8 changed the position of the cats and will make them hang lower, you might find that hi flow cats which are smaller are required.

It's my understanding that these types of headers are best suited for top end power rather than low down torque. (not an abba fan) will be able to help you more even sell you some.

Cheers

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Will you be keeping the standard cats?

1 7/8 changed the position of the cats and will make them hang lower, you might find that hi flow cats which are smaller are required.

It's my understanding that these types of headers are best suited for top end power rather than low down torque. (not an abba fan) will be able to help you more even sell you some.

Cheers

Is there really any point in buying just headers alone? OP might have some other plans for his car... but headers alone? All headers do is make it easier for the waste gases to exhaust from the engine... maybe 1 - 2 kw gain at the most? It would make sense if he's looking to buy an exhaust system as well, a few more gains there and nice growl too... maybe a cool air intake too.

S.alajmi.87 Take your time, do your research and plan your parts carefully. You don't want to throw your money into something and find out its not what you're looking... or you end up having worse results than what you began with. Remember, to my understanding, any modifications like that will void your warranty at the dealer... that is if it hasn't expired yet.

Make sure any modifications you do are installed properly. To my understanding, certain sensors (O2 sensors etc, sometimes even MAF sensor) have to be disabled after modifications have been carried out on the intake and exhaust of the car. Be sure to get someone experienced who knows what they're doing to carry out the modifications for you. Best of luck.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Is there really any point in buying just headers alone? OP might have some other plans for his car... but headers alone? All headers do is make it easier for the waste gases to exhaust from the engine... maybe 1 - 2 kw gain at the most? It would make sense if he's looking to buy an exhaust system as well, a few more gains there and nice growl too... maybe a cool air intake too.

S.alajmi.87 Take your time, do your research and plan your parts carefully. You don't want to throw your money into something and find out its not what you're looking... or you end up having worse results than what you began with. Remember, to my understanding, any modifications like that will void your warranty at the dealer... that is if it hasn't expired yet.

Make sure any modifications you do are installed properly. To my understanding, certain sensors (O2 sensors etc, sometimes even MAF sensor) have to be disabled after modifications have been carried out on the intake and exhaust of the car. Be sure to get someone experienced who knows what they're doing to carry out the modifications for you. Best of luck.

With a tune headers and cats will give you 15hp at the wheels easy. Factory cats are disgraceful power robbing bits of greeny rubbish!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
With a tune headers and cats will give you 15hp at the wheels easy. Factory cats are disgraceful power robbing bits of greeny rubbish!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

That's the point. The OP only mentioned headers, with his stock factory cats he'll be less than impressed. He should only proceed to mod if he has any plans to continually upgrade to achieve proper results. Modding in this part of the world (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait etc) is done in very shabby and careless ways, the car remaining stock would be better off.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
do they make headers in aust for left hand drive commodores, u should join the usa g8 board ,there is a few members from the middle east on it, i know 2 brand they use, pacecettas ,kooks,

Pontiac G8 Forum Home