Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

???Questions on matenince and things to look out for on a v8???

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
looking at spending 10-15,000max i seen a vt that had been garaged its whole life 1997 model i think ? really nice tho but i dunno all i know is i want a v8 and i'd love a clubby but i dunno i just need suggestions and opinions

mate as said before, do your homework before buying a car, the internet is a great tool for vehicle sales and u'll probably find that some dealerships would offer bigger discounts for internet searches.

I spent 5 weeks researching before i bought mine (VY2 clubby) and it was the best value for money, km's and condition in Perth at the time. It gets serviced by HSV mechanics only at the dealership, only because i've seen the internal workings of the workshop and it's almost cleaner than my own home.

models - well depending on your budget, u should pick up a late series VS clubby in reasonably good nick with average km's, but if u could spend a little extra go the VT2/VX1 models HSV. These models are very popular.

good luck - lets us know what u end uo getting.