Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

race ecotec question

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
thanks for the warning about v6 performance RJK

suspension i was looking at a coilover set from Ksport and i have emailed them just waiting on a reply about some extra info for it. with coilovers do they have caster adjustment or is there andother kit that you need for that?
um by the way how do you get extra lock, do you adjust the stoppers or something else?

I think they also go by the name FIT Performance.

Looking that the pictures of K-Sports VS coilovers it looks like you only get camber adjustment. They're pretty expensive for what they are.

You don't have much choice in the way of caster because of the stupid Z-bar design. There's the adjustable ones mentioned above. I think Nolathane also makes caster bushes which give some adjustment. I've been told that Commodores run a fair bit of caster anyway, maybe just trial the stock Z-bars before you decide to buy something.

Nissan guys use lock spacers to get more lock on the cheap. They just slip over part of the thread on your tie rods and make the rods go further into the rack, essentially just a big washer. Not readily made for Commodores though. I remember my VS having a fair amount of lock anyway. The bigger problem is the rack, the Commodore racks don't like being overused. It's hard to wind on lock with them and they overheat quickly.

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
I think they also go by the name FIT Performance.

Looking that the pictures of K-Sports VS coilovers it looks like you only get camber adjustment. They're pretty expensive for what they are.

You don't have much choice in the way of caster because of the stupid Z-bar design. There's the adjustable ones mentioned above. I think Nolathane also makes caster bushes which give some adjustment. I've been told that Commodores run a fair bit of caster anyway, maybe just trial the stock Z-bars before you decide to buy something.

Nissan guys use lock spacers to get more lock on the cheap. They just slip over part of the thread on your tie rods and make the rods go further into the rack, essentially just a big washer. Not readily made for Commodores though. I remember my VS having a fair amount of lock anyway. The bigger problem is the rack, the Commodore racks don't like being overused. It's hard to wind on lock with them and they overheat quickly.

ok cheers yeah the ksports are abit more exspensive compared to what the jap boys can get for a set up but i havent managed to find many sets for commodores. and yeah will give them ago and see if i need more adjustments etc also i will look into the lock washers/spacers

cheers mate

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
Our Oilpans will bolt straight up to the engine.

If that v6 performance mob is FIT I've heard some dodgy stuff to..

ok cool cheers

also as you mentioned before for the the exhaust not to put the cats in, i am just wondering if there is a certain size extractor to use for what i would like to do?
i am also going to be runing a twin pipes (one out each side infront of the rear wheels) 2 1/4 size pipe and a high flow muffler will this be fine?

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
also i will look into a p/s cooler

cheers

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Not in power but in temps you will. I did..

Another thing would be to look into a larger radiator as well. Anything to keep temps down is a good thing.

Ben

JC89

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 Nissan Patrol
cheers guys, yeah i was thinking about and hd alloy radiator lil bit down the track, also one of the lower temp thermostats.

so is there many guys/ irls on here that race the ecotecs??

cheers

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
cheers guys, yeah i was thinking about and hd alloy radiator lil bit down the track, also one of the lower temp thermostats.

cheers

Don't think you'll find many that race NA Eco's man...

Get a build thread up, take heaps of pics and people will get involved and give advice, there a few people on here in the drift scene that could offer some more tips

Ben

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Closest thing you will find is the Formula Holden cars. Made stupid power for N/A, but used a Buick 3800. Lots of custom work for those.