Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio help before i go crazzzzyyyy please

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
okay the problem is...
i have an afetrmarket headunit, with the adapter loom to plug straight in, i have just run through some wires to a 4 ch amp, worked great for 5min, then..... the damn radio fuse in the fuse box blew, put another in, guess what....again, im pretty cluey with electrics, so ive checked almost everything, for shorts, touching wires etc..
The other problem i have is that there is no remote wire on the loom adaptor, i have atached it to the ignition red wire on the loom with no luck, so it wont switch the amp, which works fine.

i spent about 3 hrs trying to search for problems, to the point where i called it a day,driving without a radio is pretty bland, please i hope somebody has some advice as it is one of those small very annoying problems.

cheers,
kosta.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
it could be anything and really if you say you checked just about everything, no one is going to be able to help without actually seeing the car, best bet would be to take it to a auto electric

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
does the stereo do the same thing wen the amps not connected so its just running everything off the unit?

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
does the stereo do the same thing wen the amps not connected so its just running everything off the unit?
When the speakers are running off the headunit everything is fine, I think I may have shorted the remote wire come to think of it. Where would be the best spot to hook up the remote wire, as the loom hasn't enough power to switch the amp .....

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah sounds like it, wat head unit do u have? most units already have a remote wire u can use. somtimes they call it an antena wire also which does the same thing.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
yer its usually blue or yellow and says REM or ANT
use that
so it runs fine when the amp is off?
what have u wired the amp to?
is it on its own line straight to the battery with a inline fuse?

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
[jonnoo];1828572 said:
yer its usually blue or yellow and says REM or ANT
use that
so it runs fine when the amp is off?
what have u wired the amp to?
is it on its own line straight to the battery with a inline fuse?

Yeah 4gauge straight from the battery fused, only radio I have ever had trouble with. It's a Sony

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah 4gauge straight from the battery fused, only radio I have ever had trouble with. It's a Sony

sony? that explains it lol. but they usually have 2 wires 1 blue and 1 blue with white trace but wat is the model number 1st? so we can search the model 2 find out?

id say u already have the wire there u may just need 2 move a wire in ur ISO plug so ur able 2 use it.

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
sony? that explains it lol. but they usually have 2 wires 1 blue and 1 blue with white trace but wat is the model number 1st? so we can search the model 2 find out?

id say u already have the wire there u may just need 2 move a wire in ur ISO plug so ur able 2 use it.

lol, yeah im not a huge fan of sony, but i have to say this head unit is one of there better ones.

model number is CD-GTX71W,
any help would be much appreciated, brought it into work today, hooked it up to an amp and 12v battery and it switched fine. it just puzzles me why it doesnt switch when i have it powered in the car, just stays in protection mode, checked again the power coming through to the amp is clean, and the ground is good, so is there another wire that is interupting the loom??????

koztek55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 5.7 6spd
*cdx-gt71w