Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

radio pin

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
Hi I like to known this question. The radio if a stardard fitted by Holden .....has a pin code.....Holden wants to charge me money to tell me what the pin is , once I proove I own a registered car. Issue is my car not registered as yet, needs to rwc ...and I got to fix the rear power windows which have locked up frozen on both rear doors...handy...and the main consul switch has 2 defectives and 1 door as a defective switch...what I want to know is there a way of finding the pin, from the car ?...via a aldl cables and software program....also can I read other codes like the remote key code.....as well...given my car was flood water effected I don't have any paperwork....reason my glove box broke a lug on one side...let go and fell to car floor, which had a few inches of water....by the time I got to it ...it was mush.dockets manual...service records...gonesky. including the key into for glove box and car and radio pin...Holden want also to charge me desperate charges for different info 20 for radio..once I prove I own it.....can anyone help..ty

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
$20 is cheap, anyone that has a tech2 can get it from the BCM as well as the code for the key etc.

I can see why Holden would want proof of ownership before giving out security information about a car.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
$20 is cheap for Holden.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
$20?

come on that's no big deal considering all the other stuff you also need. You may find your rear windows start working once you replace the main switches in the center console.

also - ironic username or what!

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Why are some people so cheap? $20.00??? OMG.
Proove is NOT a word, and neither is starded. With all due respect, OF COURSE, please use spell check if your still in primary school learning to spell.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
for that twenty dollars you also the complete id numbers for all your registered parts in the car as it went down the line

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the replies, I not trying to be a tight a** here, the fact is several months ago I obtained the same data from Holden for free for my other vt. Holden this time wanted 20 for radio, 75 for my remote key pin, and 10 bucks for glove box key. I always had spell checker on, sometimes however with a Bluetooth keyboard and the XOOM there is a delay when it opts to change a work or too...sorry if that upsets some into the belief I am retard....I don't have a scan tool ...I do have aldl cable and some software to access the car...I have efilivev4 and some toad software. If someone can tell me a way to read the pins for the radio and remote....with the aldl inter phase and a software program that be great.:) thanks Phil

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the repairs, I have swapped out both electric Winders. I swapped out the centre consul switch box and swapped out both door switches....now both centre consul switch and each door switch work fine. I had to replace the motor connectors and wiring as well...all I have left to do, is drill the winders where the rivets used to be , find suitable bolts spring washers and nylon nuts....to fit the units back into the doors....replace door cards....done deal......:) then I can take old betsie over for rwc.....:) hopefully I can find a way to use the aldl cable and software to obtain the radio code and remote code,just leaves me with the glove box, which I got to replace....also .....I am told the glove box inner completely comes out....thus replacing the damaged hinges and new door on he glove box will fix that....:)