Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ram pod vs cai

R

rattattack1313

yup.. a definite improvement in the old wee beastie, with the extra snorkel bizzo on the air filter box............ :D ;) :D

B

brock/owna

rattattack1313 said:
got bored just now...so I ripped my airfilter box out, and cleaned all under it...a lot of gunge builds up in little corners!!!! anyway...I spied me sons cold air intake sitting there..... so I cut a hole in my air box...next to the original.....trimmed the tube bizzo back a few inches..( see pic.... the offcut is sitting there...). then a little silastic to bung up the odd gaps....(LOL..)......wipe around with damp finger and cloth...... wait and wait fer it to go off....that will not make it a top performance car, I realise, but for a poor-mans air intake...looks fine to me.....and willl let in a heap more air!!!!! ;)
just tested it....sounds loooooots quieter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
hail to the master of C.A.I poor mans one no
but a good way for a tight arse who cant have a pure C.A.I due to wet all around me

R

rattattack1313

It works well...I recently drove from Brizz to Tuncurry..a trip that normally takes $70 worth of fuel......and only used $60 worth this trip......lots better... :king: ......it also takes the heat :flame: off , so to speak (lol), when pulled over by Filth or Scalies :ranting: ......if they see a modified air intake, like a K & N, they think there must be other mods they cant see.........where-as this is very stock looking......... :yeah:

FMcCoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
air filter

Hi Folks
Very new here so forgive me if i am in the wrong place to ask a question
I have a VT 98 i replaced the air filter but it is not a tight fit and leaks causing the motor to run rough it was a ryco A1358 from super cheap. the original air filter that i ended up putting back in had more rubber around the edges giving it a better fit can you tell me what i need to do i would really appreciate any ideas has anyone else had this problem thanks in advance.
FMcCoy