Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raptor Supercharger 1/4 mile VT does 15.425

V

VTGT

VRAddiction said:
it must be a pretty crappy charger if its only running 15's. yeah it takes skill to drive properly but anyone can put there foot down with a charger and go into the 14's atleast!!!!

He should be pulling low 14s even without trying with a Supercharger and with all those MODS.

I don't think the Raptor supercharger is what its cracked up to be. More like just a $5 grand waste of money.

VYman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S SII s/c V6
does bob have a boost gauge?
if so what is the read out.
could it be possible there's a leak from the hose between supercharger
and motor
check your fittings
your pwr figures according to the raptor websight are spot on

F

foammedia

I remember when the videos of that kit were around, it was quite clear from looking at the speedo in the demo ute? that it was a slug and around the same speed as my stockish VN V6 and there you go. Just goes to prove you need bulk torque to move a VT and you need it right now at very low revs

Wesleyrpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra Turbo
what a terrible looking AFR on the dyno chart, for optimal power, shouldn't the AFR be ALOT smoother than that?

V

VTGT

foammedia said:
I remember when the videos of that kit were around, it was quite clear from looking at the speedo in the demo ute? that it was a slug and around the same speed as my stockish VN V6 and there you go. Just goes to prove you need bulk torque to move a VT and you need it right now at very low revs

More like he needs a Powerdyne or Vortech, on one of the other forums I was reading some are telling him to get a intercooler as the Raptor s/c works well with a intercooler and helps down low, OH I forgot thats another $3000 for the intercooler :rofl:

And even with all his Mods and the s/c some are telling him to get his CAM done. I feel sorry for this guy as a Powerdyne would have easily got him into the 14s with his Mods.

There are VT's with Bolt On Mods that are doing low 15s and high 14s. I think the Raptor supercharger is good if you want to keep your engine at REDLINE and its a manual as you wont get any power from it down low.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
i was at one stage a fan of these kits and was looking to get one I am glad i saved my money. These kits from what I understand are centrifugal superchargers where the power is based on your revs ie. the more you rev the more power you get not like the crank driven superchargers. If I was in his position i would cry alot then shell out for a higher stall convertor.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Spaced said:
These kits from what I understand are centrifugal superchargers where the power is based on your revs ie. the more you rev the more power you get not like the crank driven superchargers.
got some news for you and that is that these are crank driven. as far as i know, all superchargers are crank driven, thus, their rpms are linearic to crank rpm's....unlike turbos which use exhaust gas and are so variable it'll make your head fall off.
what i can tell from that AF ratio on the dyno chart is that it should be running leaner through the middle, thus it will pump that power curve right up, providing a heap more midrange power and torque.....that tune has huge safety margin tuned into it.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
i've been tod

I'll go back and sit it the corner :)

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Spaced said:
i've been tod
I'll go back and sit it the corner :)
you are allowed to play again. Learning. That's what these places are for, arent they?