Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle inside door on VS

ntl

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS 3.8L V6 Commodore
I have a VS commie, with standard non electric windows. Now with the pumping stereo, i have a rattle inside front door which is really shittin me. Locking rods have foam wrapped around them and taped up. I THINK it has something to do with the window mechanism because when the rattle is there, if i close the window tight and hold it there, load the mechanism up so to speak, the rattle disappears or if is still there, very quiet. Now it could be something else, but because of this i think is something to do with the window mechanism. If someone thinks its something else, im open to suggestions. I've had the door apart and tried to find it, but its only there when stereo is loud, so have to have it loud to find it, and because stereo is loud, is very hard to pin point. Im hoping someone here has had similar problem and fixed it. Cheers guys.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yup got the same prob, and just as you say when you give the window a little extra nip up the rattle goes away. havent been able to fix it though :bang:

ntl

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS 3.8L V6 Commodore
ohhh :(
Im thinking, with the window mechanism, isnt there wheels that run inside of a track? The track is attched to the window, and the wheels to an x frame which is then connected to winder handle. Am i correct so far? if so, im thinking it has something to do with these wheels, but without pulling entire setup out am not completely sure.. That's why i was hoping someone else had any ideas? I thought might have been a common problem in commodores.
Cheers..

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah i think that sounds about right when you take the trim off there is a dirty great big wheel looking at you, and a mate of mine has the same prob also!

stewart

Reaction score
could always try turning the volume down a bit