Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle noise

bennyrocks_79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I have a metal type rattle noise comming from the front of my 2009 sv6 sports wagon.
The noise sounds metallic and is sometimes loud sometimes not so but i hear it most days particularly when driving near walls so i get that echo.

It seems to only happen while driving between 1500-3000rpm accelerating slightly say going up a slight incline or just getting up to speed.I dont hear it when accelerating hard or consistant speed.

I have checked the belt drives and can see no visible issuse.

Has anyone else had this type of issues and knows a fix pls let me know

thanks
Benny

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
would think you would still have new car warrenty, take it back to holden, less stressful

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
So i have this same problem. Car has only done 17000. noticed the rattle a few weeks ago. Sure enough its a few months til the next service. The last few days the rattle has been getting worse, and as the OP said, under slight-mid acceleration low down in the revs at most points, notice it more on cold mornings but still continues throughout the day...

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I had a rattle and I could here it when close to walls and it turned out to be my exhaust pipes in the middle of the car they just welded them together problem was fixed.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
don't drive near walls or up hill

that should do the trick :)