Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 EFI to carby conversion

LOR-411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Hi all,

I have a question. Is it possible to convert a Nissan RB30 in a VL from injected to a carburettor? Is it possible to go to a Nissan wreckers and buy an older style manifold and carby set up for this motor. I'm not an expert in this area so work with me on this. Is it possible? Any ideas?

Thanks, Bruce

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
I know people have done it, but the carby fed rb30 (like in the nissan patrol) had abit less power so depends which direction you want to go, but also I heard converting it to carby it wont pass emision tests because its not factory so it will be unregoable, feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone

LOR-411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
For outback driving; less technology = simplicity. I was expecting this but I appreciate any input.

taxidriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
i wouldn't call the efi setup on an RB30 advanced technology. You should achieve far more reliability from an efi setup than a carburettor which is why no vehicles are built with a carby anymore, aside from drag cars that don't require reliability for any longer than 10 seconds

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I think its pointless replacing a factory injection system which has been proven to be reliable for the last 25 years.

If you ask me, (unless you're fluent with carburettors)there is more that can go wrong with a carby set up then the injection set up in this case.

But to answer you question If you grab a manifold from a GQ, it will fit.