Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rc nitro

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If you insist on non electric powered, I'd suggest sticking with 2 stroke and not nitro. Nitro can be a huge pain in the arse if you don't know how to tune them.

Don't write electric off as kids toys though, they're A LOT faster than you think. My Traxxas Slash has hit just on 100Km/h (tested with a radar gun) while sideways and on 2 wheels.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I reckon nitros are more fun compared to electric, if you have trouble tuning it'd be a good idea to down grade to a 2 needle carb as the 3 needle's can be hard but with time and patience it can be done, I had a hyper 7 awhile ago -.- ran that into the ground but I had it just about perfect ( as good as it was going to get anyway) I'm going to supercharge this one though.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
I reckon nitros are more fun compared to electric, if you have trouble tuning it'd be a good idea to down grade to a 2 needle carb as the 3 needle's can be hard but with time and patience it can be done, I had a hyper 7 awhile ago -.- ran that into the ground but I had it just about perfect ( as good as it was going to get anyway) I'm going to supercharge this one though.

Gas is more fun than nitro. Depends what your doing with an electric car, Im in the process of finishing up an scx10 and that's a whole heap of fun to use.

Plus not everyone lives in an area where they're allowed to run nitro/gas cars and electric is the only option.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I much prefer electric for simplicity. Plug in a battery and away you go. No piss farting around with fuel, pulling the starter a million times or fiddling with the idle screw so it doesn't stall as soon as you put on throttle.

Filippimini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais, 1965 Morris Mini
I've just bought my first RC car. I went electric because they are simple. I bought a Tamiya m05 as they are cheap and my local track has a race class for them. Upgraded with a brushless 13t motor it goes really well. Next on my list are a vintage buggy and a touring car.