Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RE: Yellow sticker

S

Stugutz

Hi Sun night i got a yellow sticker on my statesman because the cop said my tinting was to dark what is WA laws can i have dark tinting on the rear and back windows and lighter on the two front windows or do they all have to be light.
thanks

R

rattattack1313

makes me wonder...why don't the blokes putting the tint on, tell you the legalities of the tinting?????? when I get mine done, i was going to get slightly darker front windows,and rear windscreen,and as dark as I legally can for the back side windows....and I was going to get a bit put on the tops of the wind/rain deflector thingies I have on the front windows... :whistling

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Ok...heres what really gives me the sh*ts. There are nice little laws concerning tinted windows but anyone can go out and get that shadecloth crap which cannot be seen through at all from the outside. Gee thats logical.

R

Ratty

Yeah Agree... I am in WA and went to 2DI consulting to get my tint (Via Tint-a-car) and they went through all the legal crap (bored me) and that the 35% took into account the tint made into the glass etc... if I wanted darker I had to sign a release form ... :( I have fawn (light brown) interior and the tint looks very light but legal ... so its a bitter sweet

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I have 30% on my car and it looks good enough for me.

Cheers,
Jim :cool: