Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Really silly ???

B

brissygirl

Hi there,after years of owning carp cars,I have upgraded to a VN executive,and I know basically next to nothing about them lol.
My really stupid question of the day is:Which Drive gear should I be using for best performance around town,and on the highway??I have the blue D and the normal D,and when I switch I don't see anything noticable in the difference of the way the car drives.
Thanks to any one who can tell me which one to use.

R

rattattack1313

hey there...welcome to tha madhouse.....lol.... the general consensus is to use the Blue D on the highway, over 80 k's, anyway, and the White D for around town........

B

brissygirl

Thanks Rattattack,now I can in drive in peace lol.Don't suppose you'd also be able to tell me what it's like for fuel on the open road,I've just had a service done on it,and I'm heading to NSW from Brisbane on the weekend

R

rattattack1313

I think you will find it will get about 100 k's /$10 worth of fuel.....thats what my VPee gets .....without gunning her up tooo much , that is......I travel from Brizz to Taree area regularly.....quite often with a fair load of stuff in her boot and backseat......

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Brissygirl, the blue D lets the gearbox shift into 4th gear, the white one wont let it go past 3rd gear, you can drive around in either if you really want to but you will use much less fuel in 4th (The blue one at any decent speed) unless you are going up a realllllly steep hill at 100km/h or less then you could shift back to 3rd gear (White one) so the car doesn't stress out. 3rd gear for overtaking too or if you are over taking a really slow grandpa in a hat towing a horse trailer at 80km/h and want to get past really fast then you can use 2nd gear. I actually use 2nd gear to pass all the time but it's not needed or recomended, it's just more fun for me

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
fuel economy on a vn on the highway should be about 8l/100km

hope that helps yah mate
Ryan

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
lol yeah normal vn - vp is 8lt/100ks lol but rats vp is megaly chiped so yeah 10lt/ 100 sounds bout right lol and we know rat has a heavy foot ( 160 in 3rd in a V6 alfa :whistling ) lol lol drive in 2nd when ya doin anything up to 70ks lol i do that and the torqu that pumps out the arse is massive i can cruzie in 2nd at 40 floor it and it spins lol but really bad for fuel eccom. lol

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
mind you rat was driving in controled conditions