Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Brake Noise -- HELP --

U2Bono

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
I had my rear brakes pads changed a little while ago (we did them), and have been driving around ok, today when appying the brakes it make an awful noise on the passenger side. I thought i had a wobbly wheel. I got my father to go for a drive in it and he could hear the noise then (he doesn't believe me when i tell him something is wrong) so we took that tyre off and looked arounf, cannot find anything wrong with the pads or anything, but the disc ?? itself, spins with a bit of a wobble. Is this meant to do that.

WARNING I know nothing about cars, so please go easy on me

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

V

vr s'pak

maybe the disc is warped abit, they can get like that if they get to a high temp then are cooled quickly by water e.t.c.(i could be wrong) does it only happen after the wheel has turned one full revolution? my bet is that its a warped disc.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
Very common on Vt onwards. If ya dont know much about cars take it to someone who does, brakes are very important if ya wanna stop :D Modern commo's dont have wheel bearings like they used to, the brake disc is a machine fit to the hub, therefore all surfaces must be spotless and wheel nuts not done up so tight, thats why when u go to good tyre places they use a special attachment to the rattle gun to apply the correct torque to the wheel, or do it by hand with a brace. I have seen discs f*cked serveral times by over tightening, and balance problems just by rotating wheels, especially with bigger alloy wheels, beware!!!