Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Spoilers - To have OR Not to have????

Do cars look better with rear spoilers on or off??

• Total voters

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
my view is most factory body kits are designed to look good with the entire kit fitted. Start removing parts and it looks wrong.
Either leave the kit fitted (complete) or remove the entire kit.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
my view is most factory body kits are designed to look good with the entire kit fitted. Start removing parts and it looks wrong.
Either leave the kit fitted (complete) or remove the entire kit.

And who decides if they look good or not? Someone old fart like me with 30 years design experience behind him to get the job, and personal taste to match his age? A bunch of surveys of the perceived market (and they are NOT surveying P platers to see how much they like body styling on $60K new cars either...)? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

My VS has a VXR8 kit on it, but no way would I have used an ugly as sin VXR8 rear spoiler, so it still has a VS spoiler. I have no problem with mix n match, its called personalisation. I like the result, many dont. Its what makes you an enthusiast instead of a sheep.

Do whatever you like to your own car, its no-one elses business. Be prepared for compliments from those that like it, and be prepared to be bagged by those who dont. No-one is going to like everything you do to your car. No-one.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
This thread is confusing. The title of the thread is "Rear Spoilers - To have OR Not to have????" The title of the poll is "Do cars look better with rear spoilers on or off??"

Then you say:

I have a Clubsport and am in 2 minds weather i should remove the rear spoiler..

So are you talking about cars in general or just your Clubby? Because that would make a HUGE difference to the responses...