Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rear suspension

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
hey guys, Im going to be replacing both the upper and lower trailing arms either this week or next week depending on free time, but i was just wondering what you guys think is the best way to replace these, that is jack up the diff whist car is balanced on jack stands, drop of one trailing arm at a time and replace. what do you think is the best way.
all opinions welcome and thanks for any help

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
ALSO, instead of making another thread, my power steering pump has a leak, no grinding sounds or squeaks it works fine it's just leaking from the back of the pump any ideas if i need to replace it or if its something simple like an o-ring or loose hose?
Cheers

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
I think I did it one side at a time. Easy job.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
ALSO, instead of making another thread, my power steering pump has a leak, no grinding sounds or squeaks it works fine it's just leaking from the back of the pump any ideas if i need to replace it or if its something simple like an o-ring or loose hose?
Cheers

It will be the rear main seal in the back of the pump. The hoses are on that tight they dont leak. Buy a new or refurb pump with all new seals, i did cause i could not get the retaining clip out of the back of the pump. New GM pump for $140 off ebay.
A little How to i did if you need help changing it.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ecotec-power-steering-pump-replacement.166542

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that mate, Im thinking that more then likely that is going to be the case, but with a little luck it could be a loose hose as the previous owner changed the motor over so he might not have done the line up as tight as it should have been.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Shooter 88 mate first just check to see if its one of the power steering lines either the low pressure return pipe or the high pressure pipe one of these could have a leak,my return line had a very small hole in it which made a lot of fluid still leak out heavily

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i just got my parts in the mail today cost me $160 all up which i think is great as i got a quote for just the bushes on the lower arms for $110 and thats if they werent damaged from the beating they have copped over the past half a year and possibly longer with broken bushes.

100_6183.jpg
100_6185.jpg

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
well i just got my parts in the mail today cost me $160 all up which i think is great as i got a quote for just the bushes on the lower arms for $110 and thats if they werent damaged from the beating they have copped over the past half a year and possibly longer with broken bushes.

Its pretty rare for control arms to be damaged from worn bushes.Ive only ever come across a few that werent fit for rebushing.