Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear tires are not straight even after the alignment

RossK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6, VF LPG Evoke
or the adjuster bolts are loose
^^ This.
Had the same with my VE, had new tyres put on and an alignment done, over 90kmh the car pulled hard right, hit a bump and car tracked straight for a while and then starts to pull right again. Adjuster bolts not tight enough.
Take it back or to someone who knows what they are doing.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
^^ This.
Had the same with my VE, had new tyres put on and an alignment done, over 90kmh the car pulled hard right, hit a bump and car tracked straight for a while and then starts to pull right again. Adjuster bolts not tight enough.
Take it back or to someone who knows what they are doing.

Bushes.....or the adjuster bolts are loose

I went to more than three mechanics to check the car. After checking the car, all of them told me the same answer. The car doesn't need replacing any parts. It has an alignment problem.

I will go and do alignment again and I will make sure this time to tight the bolts enough.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I went to more than three mechanics to check the car. After checking the car, all of them told me the same answer. The car doesn't need replacing any parts. It has an alignment problem.

I will go and do alignment again and I will make sure this time to tight the bolts enough.

If the bolts are loose, of course it is an alignment problem.....Problem with VE's is, the rear bushes are weak even after a few hundred kilometres.....might not be picked up by a mechanic, but I have seen more than my fair share of rear tyres on that model commodore stuffed, due to weak bushes....once the bushes were replaced with something more suitable (ie nylothane), the problem was solved

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
Hi,

I did alignment again, then a few days later and the car came back as before "Rear Tires are not straight". I gave up trying to diagnose the problem.

I am going to replace any bushings that can cause the rear tires to be not straight. I found these photos for my car on Superpro website, it might help.

R28.jpg

R27.jpg

What bushings of these can cause the rear tires to be not straight?

Whiteline

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segu...PRICE,+STATESMAN,+UTE+&+HSV&vehicle=8/06-5/13

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Mate, its not your alignment. Your read out sheet is miles (better) ahead of my cars alignment and I don't have the issue you do.

Buy the whole superpro rear end bush kit. Replace everything while your at it. The movement in the OEM rubbers would be the cause of you 'not straight' looking wheels.

There's a nolathane video on YouTube that shows just how much movement there is. It shows a OEM bush moving almost 15-20mm under load and it was a main load bearing bush too

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
I am no expert, but frst try changing all the control arm bushes, these seem to me to be the ones mainly concerned with aligning the tyres.(my info taken from the pic supplied). This would be a cost effective start. From there in not successful branch out to others.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
If you crash your cars a lot you may have bent something.

Wacko

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 ve ss commodore
Hi

My last post was about a year ago.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/excessive-rear-tire-wear.223114

I bought new set of tires for my 2008 VE SSV. I bought them four weeks ago. I also did alignment because the rear tires were excessively not straight.
Tire size = 245/45/18
Tire pressure = 36 psi
brand = Nitto Invo tires

After alignment, the rear tires were straight. After 3000 km my rear new tires are wearing out again. I checked rear tires and they are not straight.

This is the third set I bought. I don't want to waste more money. I can fix the problem before these tires worn out completely, but I don't know what else could be the problem.

The problem is only with the rear tires. The front tires are new and straight.

Please Help!

Stop doing burnouts.

BLOWN V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Drift Ute
Super Pro stuff is Definatly going to help but if you want total adjustability get there fully adjustable arms.
598457_383436615079488_1615496815_n.jpg