Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rebuild engine help!!!

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
hello all

i am looking at buying a engine for my v6 vt and i want to know what mods and stuff i could do to the next one i wouldnt be doing it myself maybe someone could tell me someone good in geelong ??? i am only on my p's but i will like to spend around $3000 to 3500 thats with the engine in the price i will start with roller rockers i have pacemakers already too. please post what you think? and the cost also cheers

WPN_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
charged vu ute
get the v8 you will spend heaps on the 6 and still be dissapointed

i wouldnt say dissapointed!!! i think my six can tear the arse out of a few 8's!!!

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
stroker kits is the starting place.
bore out and sleeve then fit chev 400 pistons.
thats as big as you can fit in.
head work is a must for this level.

also i have beaten vr hsv v8's at the light in a loaded vp v6 wagon.

it comes down to how hard you flog it as to wether you win or not.

mofo sixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 auto
save your money and buy one of the last 5.0s (they have roller everything) & a cast iron block that you can stroke the **** out of

06vzcalais

Reaction score
people never understand HE SAID V6 he also said he is on his P PLATES PEOPLE wake up and smell the cheese......... if he wanted a V8 he would buy one,,,,, get the F*** over it... id take a V6 anyday of the week..... hmm i wonder why they dont run nissans in the supercars anymore.... id like to see the new nissan gtr go up against any V8 on the market id put my money on the 6............
stroke it mate
whats wrong with the motor in it (if its not to good get it rebuilt with trick bits to the value of $3500)

mofo sixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 auto
people never understand HE SAID V6 he also said he is on his P PLATES PEOPLE wake up and smell the cheese......... if he wanted a V8 he would buy one,,,,, get the F*** over it... id take a V6 anyday of the week..... hmm i wonder why they dont run nissans in the supercars anymore.... id like to see the new nissan gtr go up against any V8 on the market id put my money on the 6............
stroke it mate
whats wrong with the motor in it (if its not to good get it rebuilt with trick bits to the value of $3500)

he wont be on his P's forever, doing performance work to a V6 is like, well its like, getting an ugly chick & buying her nice jewellery & sexy clothes, underneath u still got the ugly chick you dont wanna have much fun with....

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
i wouldnt say dissapointed!!! i think my six can tear the arse out of a few 8's!!!

but his one is a na ecotec and a lot of people here who spend quite a few thousand on na ecotecs and were dissapointed.i didnt read that he was on his p's my recommedation is to save the money till he is off his p's here in wa p platers can have v8's

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
way to go

stroke it mate

thanks mate well its done 230ks and i got a 2nd hand one that has done 108ks i would like to spend maybe 3 to 4k on the rebuild

WPN_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
charged vu ute
ooooorrrr you could just buy my ecotec AND raptor charger kit for $4000. :)