Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

** Rebuilding a Stroked/Turbo VT Ecotec **

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
Any updates on any project?

My Car;

Fitting Surge Tank This Weekend Hopefully. Bought Leathr Interior and Chrome Door Handles :)

The HQ;

Ill Put Photos Up But Engine Is 95% Done

By The Way The Heads Are Procomp On The Chev, We Heard They Weren't The Best Heads Because Of Flow Compared To Other Heads, So They Have Been Custom Machined And Flow Tested And Now Flow Better Than Most Other Brands.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
By The Way The Heads Are Procomp On The Chev, We Heard They Weren't The Best Heads Because Of Flow Compared To Other Heads, So They Have Been Custom Machined And Flow Tested And Now Flow Better Than Most Other Brands.

Ah, Procomp. Just like the distributor.
Who ported the heads? Got any flow figures?

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
dads mate did, got them somewhere ill have to look for them

SuperXU6

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT HSV XU6
Been reading this thread over the past couple of days and I have to say what an epic build mate congrats makes me wanna pull the XU6 apart and go nuts (if only I had the bank balance lol) what u do for a crust mate? CEO of a major oil company no doubt! I'm thinking of stroking the L67 and chucking a turbo in before the charger should b interesting to c how that combo goes now just to rob the nearest bank to fund my little adventure and I'm set. In all seriousness though congrats on a great build and hope to c the finished product soon cheers mate!

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Been reading this thread over the past couple of days and I have to say what an epic build mate congrats makes me wanna pull the XU6 apart and go nuts (if only I had the bank balance lol) what u do for a crust mate? CEO of a major oil company no doubt! I'm thinking of stroking the L67 and chucking a turbo in before the charger should b interesting to c how that combo goes now just to rob the nearest bank to fund my little adventure and I'm set. In all seriousness though congrats on a great build and hope to c the finished product soon cheers mate!

thanks mate!!! i appreciate the interest!!

im no manager haha nor did i rob the bank, im a I.T Tekky. Fix Computers/Servers/Sales and all that stuff. It's taken a while, and belive me its been shitt*** me because i just want to get the thing on the road already, and completion will be in about 3-4 months time because i have no money left!! haha believe it or not! im actually looking at another car to buy aswell because this car isnt a daily any more due to power and undrivability. im looking at a supra which arent that cheap aswell...but ive always wanted one.

keep watching, as things will pop up soon....

cheers

matt

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^

still havnt asked dad, ill ask tomorrow.

Originally Posted by holden_4aw_lyfe

haha believe it or not! im actually looking at another car to buy aswell because this car isnt a daily any more due to power and undrivability. im looking at a supra

^^ exactly that lol. going to get a supra

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
**UPDATE!!!!** bout bloody time lol..

Car is going in to GL Pro Sound Next Week Or The Week After, To Get Battery Moved To Boot...

Iv'e Benn Stuffed Around A Bit With The Turbo Build, So Guess What Guys?? Ive decided to take the project on myself!! ive got a welder helping me out so hes welding up pipes and that stuff.

so tonight i got right down to it because im sick of seeing the car with no boost, so i mounted the intercooler, what a prick of a job but i got there. ill put photos up tomorrow for you all to see :)

i also have the fuel stuff im going to put in myself aswell, i figure ive built the engine why not fabricate everything else..

ill keep yous updated!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's the way, Much better feeling when you do it yourself :)