Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommended head unit?

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
The final verdict on the unit is: Kickarse!

The problem with the MP3 CD turned out to be finalisation, I burnt a new CD (silver gel) and finalised it properly. It took all of about 5 seconds to load 525MB of MP3s and skips through them as fast as an audio CD. 5 star rating. Thanks all who recommended it.

vrclubbie

Reaction score
an aldi brand h/u u gotta be kidding me, fine u bought some cheap piece of **** that does the job for u, dont try talking it up saying its as good as any pioneer, jvc, sony, alpine, etc head unit because its not, its **** and those in the know wouldn't touch that crap - sorry to sound like an asshole but building a high quality system is expensive and time consuming you should know better or learn the facts before u post crap like that

forgot to say - i had 1 of the old jvc h/u 's (mp3) they are excellent value for money good choice mate

sorry to revive a dead thread

Last edited:

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
couldn't agree more vrclubbie well put.

cheers

scott

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
vrclubbie said:
an aldi brand h/u u gotta be kidding me, fine u bought some cheap piece of **** that does the job for u, dont try talking it up saying its as good as any pioneer, jvc, sony, alpine, etc head unit because its not, its **** and those in the know wouldn't touch that crap - sorry to sound like an asshole but building a high quality system is expensive and time consuming you should know better or learn the facts before u post crap like that

forgot to say - i had 1 of the old jvc h/u 's (mp3) they are excellent value for money good choice mate

sorry to revive a dead thread
To an extent, l would have to agree. I mean if you just going to keep the basic speakers that came with the car, then a aldi one will do as the speakers aren't great quality anyway. But if your replacing the speakers with nice sony/kenwood etc ones, you'll most likely notice the interference and the noise from the music. With your sony/kenwood and the such head units, the all have the ability to perform noise reduction and different EQ tunes to match the music.
I'll always stick to a brand name, just for looks and ultimately, quality. I bought mine based on just for looks though :D

SONY_CDX_CA900.gif