Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback Exhaust systems or something else?

baz_ka40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII exec V6
u know how much pacemaker headers cost?

thanks

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
$480 from onlineperformance on ebay providing your in Melbourne and can pickup. Thats the end of the cost if your game enough to try installing it yourself, otherwise its another $180-$200 to install the extractors and new gaskets.

It aint a simple task as the steering rack has to be dropped to put the drivers side header in and the rear bolt near the firewall is an absolute bitch to get out.

TorquemonsteR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS series 2
Hey there peoples.

This is my domain, exhausts. On the VS V6 model at the back of the cat just before the flange, the pipe goes from 2.5" to 2" through the flange. So if you put a "bolt-on" system on, your half doing the job. Get your exhaust bloke to cut the flange off & use solid 2.5" flanges, same as VN-VR has.

Pacemaker is the best by far for extractors. Lukey is made cheaply. Super cat is imported chinese garbage. Redback is good, E.S.A is good & Mercury is cool.

Hi-flow cats are only necessary on high performance engines (3-400+rwhp) otherwise you'll only see a hp gain on a dyno at max revs. Commodore stock cats flow enough for everyday -400rwhp engines. Even go twin stock cats on your V8.
Enough blab from me :yeah:
Torquemonster.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
What about your extractors, ive been told by 2 exhaust places that you will burn the guts out of a stock cat over time with extractors and that you will need a high flow one :yeah:

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
what about the pipe the cat is connected to the one the makes the pipes into 1 its a Y shape can u change that or doesnt it matter

TorquemonsteR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS series 2
aokman, they would say that seeing how they want your money :yeah: I just tell the customer my honest opinion & let them choose. It's cool with me if they want to spend the extra $$ but not needed.
BERLINAIIVS, changing the two front connecting pipes is debatable. There is a "inner pipe" inside that is about 1.75" so changing it to twin 2" when extractors are fitted would be wise but not essential if you just did a sports system, & also leave the pipe behind the cat i talked about earlier.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
I went to mr muffler today, they rekon my redback system is nowhere near 90dB and rekon the exhaust place ripped me off by using a muffler system instead of a baffle or something. The guy put it up on a hoist for me, dropped off the rear muffler segment and started it up so i could hear it :king: it sounded so brilliant and it just so happened that they had a straight through over axle mandrel bend pipe there ready to go with the big oval tip i wanted so in it went for it :king:

You guys should look into it if you looking for more of a note, it has such a deep v8'ish sound now :yeah:

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Anyone wanting a V8 sound can have my old exhaust. 2 1/2" straight through and rusted out in the middle. Had a great sound to, even better when i took it off. Lost a lot of back pressure and the engine didnt seem to be able to hold revs. (like when i take my foot of the gas it drops to 600rpm VERY quickly. So just go an unbolt your exhaust. you dont need it :yeah:

hold-on

Reaction score
Website
www.fusiongraphics.co.nz
Members Ride
2005 SV6
I have a stock standard exhaust system on my vs how much is it to run a 2 1/2 pipe straight through with the holden muffler oval tip at the end?
or recomendations please on how to go about this and using what brands etc