Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline front tyre choices

vitalz36

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss redline 2014
The Potenza's are quite a good tyre I think. Not in the same league as the Michilen's though.
I just fitted all 4 tyres with Pilot Sports 4S
So sticky on the road, amazing.. definitely the best i have had but also super expensive
VF SSV Redline
Front 245/40R19 98Y
Back 275/35R19 100Y

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
So sticky on the road, amazing.. definitely the best i have had but also super expensive
VF SSV Redline
Front 245/40R19 98Y
Back 275/35R19 100Y
Yeah agree. Just to be clear though the PS4S is a level above the PS4. Not available in 19/275 though.:(

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I’ve acually gone the other way on the commodore mainly due to a change of wheels. Went from ps4 to Bridgestone s02. The car actually is more fun to drive now as the ps4 had so much grip that it was a little dull where due to the less grip of the Bridgestones it’s more fun. Prob due to the fact I’m carrying 150-200kg in the Ute.

Put some ps4 tyres on the blown 540 as the old ones had no grip. Now i can put power down in 2nd. I’m nearly finished building a new set of 3piece wheels for the 540 so I’m going to trial the new Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40/18 and 265/35/18 tyres as this car may see a few track day laps. Not many have used them in Australia so I’ll report back. Car has around 450rwhp with 1550kg so it will be a good traction test. I’m pretty sure they will be available in 19” as well.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Put some ps4 tyres on the blown 540 as the old ones had no grip. Now i can put power down in 2nd. I’m nearly finished building a new set of 3piece wheels for the 540 so I’m going to trial the new Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40/18 and 265/35/18 tyres as this car may see a few track day laps. Not many have used them in Australia so I’ll report back. Car has around 450rwhp with 1550kg so it will be a good traction test. I’m pretty sure they will be available in 19” as well.

Following, I am keeping a set of 19" wheels for track day stuff and would like to see how they hook up...as the Nittos are not as grippy as I would like. My car has 440rwhp, but not as light...need more traction (255 fronts and 275 rears)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
VF SSV Redline
Front 245/40R19 98Y
Back 275/35R19 100Y
How much ?

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Following, I am keeping a set of 19" wheels for track day stuff and would like to see how they hook up...as the Nittos are not as grippy as I would like. My car has 440rwhp, but not as light...need more traction (255 fronts and 275 rears)

Not sure what nittos u have. The ps4 or ps4s are excellent tyres for straight line traction. As for track days u prob need something with harder sidewalls. That’s why I’m going for the RE-71R as I’ll only be an occasional track day warrior. Not many locals have used these as they are special order only. If you have a 2nd set of wheels for track days only it’s prob best advised to use say a ps4 for road and can be used on wet track days, then get something hardcore for dry only like the Hoosier r7 or some clubs don’t allow these as they are too hardcore, the Yokohama Advan 050 r spec which do wet better and are street legal. U can’t really use a full R spec tyre as a daily as the constant heat cycling makes them go off and lose grip.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Not sure what nittos u have. The ps4 or ps4s are excellent tyres for straight line traction. As for track days u prob need something with harder sidewalls. That’s why I’m going for the RE-71R as I’ll only be an occasional track day warrior. Not many locals have used these as they are special order only. If you have a 2nd set of wheels for track days only it’s prob best advised to use say a ps4 for road and can be used on wet track days, then get something hardcore for dry only like the Hoosier r7 or some clubs don’t allow these as they are too hardcore, the Yokohama Advan 050 r spec which do wet better and are street legal. U can’t really use a full R spec tyre as a daily as the constant heat cycling makes them go off and lose grip.
I use Nitto Invo. Quite grippy in dry.