Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

religion, again...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Better our national anthem than our legal system...

Seriously, I would almost say 95% of the population do not even know the 2nd verse of the anthem.

Just another non story. I want to see some real journalism, like on why Gillard refuses to talk about her ex boyfriend the fraud and claims she was "young and naive" at 31. Now that would be worth discussing!!

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
What another religion trying to change Australia's Identity.
Whats new.

To minux just because some people dont know the Australian national anthem its no excuse to alter it. Learn the national
anthem. I think if you want to be an Australian citizen you have to know the national anthem.

I find that really rude and arrogant from the Christians schools.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Australias anthem is it's identity?

You had no problem with another religion wanting to change/use their legal system in another thread but a christian school singing their own version of a mostly unsung verse is abhorrent? LOL, nice try.

I suppose they could be like the certain school down the road where the Australian national anthem is not allowed to be sung.

As I said, it is a nothing story.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Australias anthem is it's identity?

You had no problem with another religion wanting to change/use their legal system in another thread but a christian school singing their own version of a mostly unsung verse is abhorrent? LOL, nice try.

I suppose they could be like the certain school down the road where the Australian national anthem is not allowed to be sung.

As I said, it is a nothing story.

What thread might that be?
I only follow the Australian law.
Last time i checked legally everyone has to follow the Australian law.
My step sister goes to a Mulsim school and they even sing the National anthem.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I don't really care about religion, so if some school wants to sing "Australians all love Jesus Christ, for we are his followers indeed" or some bullshit, let them, who cares? If everyone in the world was religious, and they all sung a different version of the national anthem, I for one wouldn't sing the "new" version, I myself don't really know the 2nd verse, but if I did I'd sing it.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yeh lets just spit anything we want in our national anthem. That so rude.
Lets start respecting our country.
Instead of treating it like a used rag

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i find it a bit of a joke. but hey each to their own. it will just confuse people when they get older and arent singing the same words as the rest are.

"Alternative words should not be used and schools should be teaching students to sing the two authorised verses," Mr Garrett said
now lets put this towards politcally correct songs like baa baa black sheep... or is that a whole different kettle of fish.

and no i did not learn the 2nd verse of the national anthem, although from memory the first line is "beneath our radiant southern cross"

went and found the 2nd verse for those interested
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands,
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands,
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share,
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia fair.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Better our national anthem than our legal system...

Seriously, I would almost say 95% of the population do not even know the 2nd verse of the anthem.

Just another non story. I want to see some real journalism, like on why Gillard refuses to talk about her ex boyfriend the fraud and claims she was "young and naive" at 31. Now that would be worth discussing!!

I am in that 95% Minux, Simple fact we were never taught, let alone know the first version, it was just expected from kindergarten to know and pick up the words as we went lol

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I remember standing for the pommie anthem at the movies as a kid... the Poms must be horrifed that we stopped that back in the 70's...