Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religion Thread

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
I'll put this to your god aswell BOY1236, he has an offer to join me at the pub for a drink (we'll just have cokes since you guys can't have alcohol ;)) and then i'll believe ;)

he don't drink, he sent me instead :D
most ppl might get offended by this and I really have no idea why would they
god is cool, he have sense of humor lol

You say you don't think it matters what type of religion but what about the hatered Sunni's have towards people such as the Alevi's?

first, as you know in Islam there are many groups, main 2 are the Sunnies & the Shia (the minority), since more than 1400 years, the Shia are severely oppressed by the other group.
they are basically the same thing with some minor differences, unfortunately they won't get along very well, mainly because of politics...:blah blah:

some -not all- of the sunnie ppl " Like Binladen" think that all Shia must be killed.

well, I'm from the Shia, so I'm basically hated more than the Christians and Jews just because we peaceful and don't want to kill anyone or blow ourselves up -not that the other group all do, only the extremists -

so I can't answer your question, and by the way WHO are the Alevi's ???

Maxseverity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I believe people believe in religion because it gives them hope that theres something more than just being born, live a few decades and then die. if their is no religion what happens? you'll loose consciencness for the rest of eternity and thats it. you wouldnt even know you existed. we are flesh and flesh expires. flesh doesnt need a soul or anything. it operates as it was made. we are organic machines who developed out of bacteria naturally. how does any god explain this?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
god is cool, he have sense of humor lol

How do you know this? Have you met it, this God you speak of?

Religion is for weak minded people who use it as a crutch to get through life, as they are not strong enough to make their own decisons or life choices without asking guidance from this thing they pray to. They live their life by a ficticious book.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Let me guess, your christian?

Not hard too see, ignorance is bliss.

Obviously he is a Christian, and therefore going to represent the Christian faith and what we believe.

What is this "ignorance is bliss" comment referring to though? Ignorance of the beliefs of other faith's? Or are you claiming that he doesn't know what he's talking about regarding drinking alcohol?

The more you guys (non-believers) claim to know about our faith, the more it shows how little you actually know about it. It's all the same petty little arguments you hear all the time, obviously being recycled by ignorant people like yourself. Why don't you actually read the bible and learn for yourself what our faith is actually about, instead of using second hand information that is false.

I'm not trying to force the bible down your throat, or convert you to Christianity... but you should at least know what you're talking about before making claims about the bible. You don't believe in God? That's absolutely fine. God gave us free will, we need to respect that.

Now as for drinking... you guys that think Christian's aren't allowed to drink alcohol, show me where in the bible it says it is a sin to drink? It doesn't. It's not in there. It does however say it is a sin to be a drunkard, so that's where the confusion comes from. A lot of Christian's wont drink, simply because it leads to being drunk. They also think it is a bad representation of the faith.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
I believe people believe in religion because it gives them hope that theres something more than just being born, live a few decades and then die. if their is no religion what happens? you'll loose consciencness for the rest of eternity and thats it. you wouldnt even know you existed. we are flesh and flesh expires. flesh doesnt need a soul or anything. it operates as it was made. we are organic machines who developed out of bacteria naturally. how does any god explain this?

How do you know we developed from bacteria naturally? You don't, nobody does. It is the best theory scientists can come up with, but it is just that, a theory.

God doesn't have to explain that, because he has his own theory.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)

Religion is for weak minded people who use it as a crutch to get through life, as they are not strong enough to make their own decisons or life choices without asking guidance from this thing they pray to. They live their life by a ficticious book.

you see it this way, I see it as a way to explain why and what the f*** are we here and what are we suppose to do........chill out

Alevi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't even know who are they, funny is that they are an even smaller part of my group :)

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride

That is just ridiculous. I'm not weak minded... just open minded. I don't use my beliefs as a crutch for anything. I became a Christian a little over a year ago and honestly, nothing about my life has changed... excect for my belief in God, and I go to church on Sunday's (not every week, but I try). I'm still an electrician, I go to work every day and hang out with the same people. I still have a drink on the weekend. I still go to the movies. And I'm still a father to my children who I had in my previous relationship.
Claiming that we are not strong enough to make our own decisions or life choices without God is ludicrous. I have made every single decision in my life on my own, sometimes with the persuasion of others (friends, family or whatever). God gave us free will. That means purely and simply that we make our own decisions. We are not forced into anything.
I don't live my life by a "fictitious book". It doesn't set out rules and a life plan for me, I live my life how I want to live it. It sets a standard by which we should strive to live by, but it's an impossible standard and God knows this. His standard is perfect, and nobody is perfect, we are all sinners. That is why we need to put our faith in Jesus Christ, repent our sins, and know that he died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice to take away sins.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Obviously he is a Christian, and therefore going to represent the Christian faith and what we believe.

What is this "ignorance is bliss" comment referring to though? Ignorance of the beliefs of other faith's? Or are you claiming that he doesn't know what he's talking about regarding drinking alcohol?

The more you guys (non-believers) claim to know about our faith, the more it shows how little you actually know about it. It's all the same petty little arguments you hear all the time, obviously being recycled by ignorant people like yourself. Why don't you actually read the bible and learn for yourself what our faith is actually about, instead of using second hand information that is false.

I'm not trying to force the bible down your throat, or convert you to Christianity... but you should at least know what you're talking about before making claims about the bible. You don't believe in God? That's absolutely fine. God gave us free will, we need to respect that.

Now as for drinking... you guys that think Christian's aren't allowed to drink alcohol, show me where in the bible it says it is a sin to drink? It doesn't. It's not in there. It does however say it is a sin to be a drunkard, so that's where the confusion comes from. A lot of Christian's wont drink, simply because it leads to being drunk. They also think it is a bad representation of the faith.

:rofl:

If you fail to understand what my comment meant, then you too fall into this category. I love how people of faith have one belief and never look into others. :blah blah:
I have read the bible, I have read the qu'ran(which actually is much more believable and can see why many convert). have also read into many other beliefs.

I do this so I can make my statements with conviction, unlike half you christians who take the word of one book and throw complete FAITH into it.

Oh and the last part of your comment just shows how ignorant you are to what I was quoting and to what another member stated.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
omg, why is this thread still going?

Jeese, religion was invented to control the public. It was used by the church to control the general population and keep them in a high status.

Over the years it was kept as the basis for laws yet slowly removed as the centre of society.

Now, as in 2009, when we know things like science etc.... we can all see that its all a load of BS and we are idiots to think that there is some mysterical being controlling it all.

I dont understand how people with half a brain cant see how much of a load of **** it is...

Just look at Scientology, seriously, if that isn't abusing power and running a cult.. i dont know what is.

i cant believe how dumb the general population is.

aZk.