Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religious experiment

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Faith is learned. Organised religion is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on mankind. As said above somewhere, some person came up with religion to control the masses :bang:

That's all I have to say on this subject or I will get another ban.

Cheers

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
The very first god was actually based on the sun and same as all the other religious characters were based on stars constellations, Egyptian civilisation were the first to crate religion the sun was god and the moon was the Satan. Same as when Jessus was apparently born. Like the stars in orion's belt were the 3 kings, that followed the star sirius, the brightest star in the northern hemisphere? so that were the 3 kings following the star. and it points towards the position where the Sun is below the horizon for 3 days during winter? and that became the jesus disappearing for 3 days? There is a documently called Zeitgeist its worth a watch. Pretty much all the religions are based around the same story line which all lead back to the Sumerians and there astrology.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Only if you believe and that is subject to interpretation. God cannot physically be touched or seen, therefore as far as I am concerned doesn't exist.

neither can wind be seen nor touched.. Only its effects.. If there is no wind does it not still exist?

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Religions have developed into business's and more extreme case's which should be called cults. Roots of all evil. IMO.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Whether it be manners, choice of car we drive or religion we follow, we are all products of our environment. As we grow and mature, we delevelop a questioning mind which for some of us, takes us in a different direction to that of our main influencers being our parents / family / peer group.

If the topic of religion was never raised as per the question posed in the initial post, then unless the child / teen asked the question "why am I here, and who put us humans on earth, then I'd be scared..................Such a scenario where only language was taugh reminds me of when Rod Taylor in the original "Time Machine" met the "eloi" who for lack of a better term "had NFI"......

If we only taugh our children a language from birth and nothing else, the human race would be doomed. For good or bad, the influences of our parents are the building blocks on which our life is based. The basis of the question is flawed as any group segregated would have some influence on them via the group that segregated them and if taugh "only a langauge" then the word "god" would come up and be discussed unless the "1984 newspeak dictionary" was the only book supplied.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
wind be seen nor touched.. Only its effects.. If there is no wind does it not still exist?

that's always a bad analogy to use when referring to god. it's scientifically proven that wind and air exists, but there is no proof or scientific evidence that there is a god.

you can't see wind but we can prove without doubt that it's there. you can't do that with god.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
neither can wind be seen nor touched.. Only its effects.. If there is no wind does it not still exist?

You can feel wind physically on your body and see objects moved by wind proving it is there. God doesn't move things, he can't be felt physically, he is merely a myth that exists in one's mind through perceived occurrences.

Funniest bit of 'life of brian' - YouTube

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The concept is 100% learned IMO. If you are bought up and told that black is white, and that is all you hear then you will 100% believe it without question.

Just as an illustration, my grandfather started talking about his war experiences for the first time shortly before he died a few years back. Being German fighting for the wrong side and having immigrated to Australia in the mid 50's I can kinda understand why he didn't say much till the mid 2000's. Anyway, although a nobody, fighting and being captured, spending most of the war in a Siberian POW Camp, he was probably lucky to see 1950 tbh. As a kid back then, you joined the Hitler Youth before growing up and joined the Nazi party. That's what you did, it was normal, and the public for the most part believed it to be the right thing to do. No different to the allies believing they were in the "right" side of the war, most Germans believed *exactly* the same thing. It was an entirely learned behaviour, no doubt moulded by the senior leadership group (remembering the media was nothing like today and propaganda was far easier to pull off than now) and it wasn't till after the war when many realized exactly what was going on.

I'd be interesting to see what the world would believe as fact, and what the history books would say if the Germans had won. Really it's a similar question to above.

Reaper

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Good points reaper..

As they say in movies 'The victor writes the History books'..

Faith is definitely learned.. Even at my age people can start going to church then find their faith.. I don't believe there is a deep and meaningful connection to God.. I personally see it as more a group mentality kind of thing and newcomers get absorbed into following the pack..

But I also see nothing wrong with it.. Faith can be a powerful thing for people to have when very ill.. It gives them hope when a doctor can't..

So my own belief is 'each to their own'.. I grew up in a very religious family.. But they still refused to have me christened or baptised and instead left it entirely up to me.. I agree with what my parents did, because the quickest way to make someone hate your religion/belief is try to force it down their throat..