Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Remote Oil Filter - LS1 stroker in VY Commodore

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey folks. Just looking to see what others have done in this space. I have a fruity 383 stroker LS1 about ready to install in my VY SS. As a last minute decision I upgraded the sump with an Aeroflow unit. Now I have the AN fitting block rear LHS. I'm curious to know if anyone has an idea on the best position to place the remote unit. I want it to be protected, easy enough to access and fitted in a way that I dont end up with an oil bath on changes. I was also looking at a remote hose kit and happy for recommendations on those. Did people stick with a Z160 or opt for something different? I was just going to grab an Aeroflow universal.

TIA

20201026_233229.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have personally put a remote filter underneath a guard....It was placed right at the top of the inner guard section, to make sure road hazards wouldn't hit the unit.

IMA, it's not on a Commodore, but on a V8 valiant...Oil filter is larger than the Z160 too...It's a Z9...Oil changes aren't messy, which is another plus, especially considering Valiant V8 engines have an oil filter upside down at the back of the block, from factory....Now that makes for a messy oil filter change o_O

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
GMH 355 stroker.
Oil filter is bolted to chassis rail about 2 inch back from the back of the radiator.
Some major stuff would get taken out if the filter is going to be hit. And it is super easy up/down access for changes. Originally you had to go over the sway bar for horizontal fitment which was a pain.