Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remove this stupid like/share option

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
sure i have used this a couple of times, but have come to realise this place has become the new FaceBook, :hmmm:

whats the point of having the like function? isn't that what the reputation icon at the bottom of each post was for? at least that actually did something, by moving the level of green dots under your name and upgrading your "series" and effectively showing that you were/are generally putting in something decent to the forums (or am i mistaken on this)

at worst can the like function somehow be incorperated into altering this system aswell as the reputation?

James

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I like it and Gopher does too as he used it to like your post. Obviously given you only have one green rep point bar to date, no one reps you much either, so I fail to see your point!

If you don't wish to use it then don't. If you don't like JC because you think it is like facebook then don't log in.

Can tell you are from Adelaide, every time a change is suggested in this state the majority carry on like pork chops and prevent progress.

I need to leave this dead backwards state full of people like you that do nothing but whinge every time a change is implemented.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Remove rep and have the likes act in a similar way or remove the likes. Why have both?

I personally think the "like" system is better because people can see specifically a post which is popular. In tech threads, this would be more helpful than seeing green dots next to someones name.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
nothing wrong with the like system except for the stupid heart beside it.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
Well done Sashyre you've made my day by being a typical airhead,,,, just becuase i'm now in adealide doesn't mean i am from here, for all you know i could be in perth or queensland and not changed my location, or as in my case was born in a different state and lived in every other state, but am now here for work.
You don't know me or my sittuation, so next time you decide to judge somebody how about keeping that idea to your self and not making a total dick of your self!!!

and i could care less about my reputation, but whats the point of having both functions? now the rep function will become obsolete and no new people will get to see theres grow, so they will be forever branded noobs by the retards such as your self that do nothing but sit back and wait for the first oppatunity to burn people that are looking for information or reasons and don't know as much as yourself,,,,

James

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hmmmm, where's the dislike option?

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
why am i not ####ing suprised,,,,

a suggestion is made to fix the system, and it's immediately shunned by 1 moron, and the rest follow like lost sheep,, if you can't take ideas seriously then you're never going to get anywhere, and people will continue to leave with no knowledge gained as the people here they ask for help or ideas just give nothing but snyde, smart arsed responses that starts a downhill rollercoaster of each and every thread
and ironically the one that can't fathom another change is the one that had a go at people from a certain area who supposedly don't want change!!

what a joke,,, i like the majority of things that are done in this place but it just takes a few halfwits to ruin it for the masses

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Well done Sashyre you've made my day

My pleasure, always glad to make people happy. :)

now the rep function will become obsolete

So as long as people continue to use it, it will not become obsolete. We have choices now, we can rep and like a post. Awesome hey?

Last edited: