Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing factory head unit (Blaupunkt) how long before needing radio code.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I have the radio code.

A mixed bag of answers some suggesting that I may be able to remove item for 5 - 10 minutes without having to retrieve the code.

In your first post you state "I have the radio code"
In your second post you reply "A mixed bag of answers some suggesting that I may be able to remove item for 5 - 10 minutes without having to "retrieve the code"
Not trying to be a dick, but am I seriously missing something here or just misunderstanding your reply in your second post?
You don't need to "retrieve the code" If you remove your stereo and then replace it and it asks for the code, you just enter the security code you said you have in your first post...It's not rocket science to enter the code into the factory head unit if it requires it.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
In your first post you state "I have the radio code"
In your second post you reply "A mixed bag of answers some suggesting that I may be able to remove item for 5 - 10 minutes without having to "retrieve the code"
Not trying to be a dick, but am I seriously missing something here or just misunderstanding your reply in your second post?
You don't need to "retrieve the code" If you remove your stereo and then replace it and it asks for the code, you just enter the security code you said you have in your first post...It's not rocket science to enter the code into the factory head unit if it requires it.

gee benboy for such a expert on things you should know on the vz its stored in the bcm fool

MindPiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz,vs.. au.. pajero
Hi all i got a code all ready to enter.. but how do you enter the code?!..its not like the vt/vx ones wheres you hold asm and on at same time then repeatedly press the corresponding position in the presets(1-4)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
vt/vt you just use the radio preset numbers no holding any other buttons.