Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing front seats

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Try sitting on the chair and wriggling it as you twist. Takes alot of pressure off the bolt and allows it to be twisted no dramas.

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
ive just bought new seats coz my old one are torn down the drivers side. (hvent put them in yet, needing to fint the time. but a 6mm allan key is a perfect fit. had a look today and the drivers side is already loose :unsure: but the passanger side is not, so i can see its gona be hell. hopefully im not gona have to get the angle grinder out.

P

prizedbnx

this may sound dumb but there is a cheaper alternative to loctite, nailpolish, it will grip pretty much as good as loctite, im not sure if it will last as long though.. but if you are a tightass, do it the cheap way

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
silicone also does the same job......its only to stop the vibrations from turning the bolt

P

prizedbnx

thats hell better than nail polish, and i could never think of a good cheap alternative to loctite

bass_master

BASYVL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina, calais lookalike
but loctite is light 3 bucks for a bottle and silicon is like 4 bucks a tube and you waist it cause it dries up and you have to buy a new tube
loctite you only need a little bit and the bottle last a long time
so buy the time you buy a tube of silicon implants in a tube you ur better of buying loctite i recon

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
The way I did mine was to use a correct sized allen key and a screwdriver with the interchangeable bits.

Allen key in the bolt... slot the end of the allen key into the end of the screwdriver that holds the bits and use that for extra leverage.

But - the ring spanner that was mentioned earlier is a far better idea! Wish I thought of it - I broke a screwdriver in the process :p

It's a long job regardless. Then again I had to swap the rails from one driver's seat to another (height adjuster was shot) - now THAT was a prick of a job :p

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Newb question but how hard would it be to put in better seats into my newly aquired VL, seats from say a VR/VS or VT or something?

alsynon

Reaction score
Website
www.fords.com.au
Members Ride
VL Turbo
All you need to do is put on the inside leg of S2 Vl Rails (and the bracket on pax side) onto VR/VS seats, VT has a different setup and needs brackets made...and theoretically egineering.