Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Removing Sikaflex

W

wizza

thnx mate ill give it a go, how does it work? does it roll it off or something??

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
the caramel wheel kinda like strips it of, just run the drill up and down the strip, not leaving it too long in one spot(cause u might get a caramalish tinge when your finished and it gets pretty hot), and changing the angles aswell to get more of it off......ull figure out what i mean when ya do it
then have some wax n grease remover and some cut n polish handy to clean it all up

F

flipsyde

metho wouldnt harm the paint or the gloss coating would it???

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
i have taken off all of the sikaflex but there is a hard silicone sort of stuff which is in a line and it will not come off with metho ecalypt oil or anything it is really hard and its annoying the **** out of me. its only on one door pannel on the other panels this black glue stuck to the strip when i ripped them off any ideas would be great cheers

F

flipsyde

what do ya use to get the brown dirt stain **** off??? just any old degreaser and cut n polish? .. thinkin off doin mine but they are there 4 a reason so wen sum utha young P plater **** parks nxt to ya n opens his door n smashes ur car it dont leave a mark and it does happen my black strips had marks all over it b4 i bought it

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
tog et that brown stain off jsut use some cut n ploish and/or wax and grease remover...
as for the silicon stuff (sikaflex) go to an auto paint supplier and buy a caramel wheel (pin stripe remover) cost around $20 for two and go at it with that and a drill.....BUT make sure your paint is 2pac paint and not acrylic, VS's had 2pac from the factory and im pretty sure VR's didnt
also read this thread too:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=30873

Nick

F

flipsyde

cheers mate. Ha went out lookin for a caramel wheel yesterday went to bunnings, auto 1, mitre 10, super cheap and a few paint shops and nothing, ( didnt realise i had to go to a auto paint shop) anyway i got these plastic scraper thingys from the paint shop they work really good and dont wreck your paint. I done one door in about 15 mins. and den using euclyptus oil wen it got really thin. gonna do more today. just gotta get some grease remover stuff where can ya buy that ... auto 1?

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
any auto place should sell that, autobarn repco any of those places will have that
Nick

W

wizza

go to panel shop i got mine removed, and all cleaned up. for $15

:p