Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Renno's VR S Daily Hack

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Focus Rennie, VN first then the daily. Lol.

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
starting to look good now mate :p

got a Q tho.. with the carpet.. how do you easily get it out?
And how easy it is to put back in :) AND..is this a 1 person job to?

cant wait to see more pix!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Rough as guts, but nothing more pleasureable than making a pig into a a clean reliable cruiser!

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Rough as guts, but nothing more pleasureable than making a pig into a a clean reliable cruiser!

I agree! .... I can see a diamond in the rough as well!:beer chug:

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
starting to look good now mate :p

got a Q tho.. with the carpet.. how do you easily get it out?
And how easy it is to put back in :) AND..is this a 1 person job to?

cant wait to see more pix!

Cheers mate :)

Okay you will need to pop out the bottom part of the rear seat. Then undo the front seats via the 4 allen headed bolts on the rails. you will then need to take out the center console via the two rear screws or nuts (depending on the model) and then undo the front section/ radio surround (if i remeber correctly). Then undo the seat belts from the trans tunnel (these are 19mm bolts) and also the ones on the pillars (19mm too). Then finally pop up the sill covers and wallah, the carpet can be taken out :)

To put it back in is the reverse. Its easily a one person job and aslong as you take your time and think things through it can easily be doen in a day

I agree! .... I can see a diamond in the rough as well!:beer chug:

Cheers Fellas, yeah she will hopefully be a cheap, clean daily/cruser when she is done :smoking:

looking good renno :) didnt find a second set of extractors did ya lol

Nah bro, but there is usally a set down there. just look in every engine bay and you will eventually find a set lol

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Another update :)

The car needed new tyres and I was offered these for the same price as some new 15inch tyres....cannot complain with that!

VRSV6021.jpg

VRSV6022.jpg

VRSV6023.jpg

And I also put in my old headunit out of the Calais

VRSV6020.jpg

I also went and got a quote today on the repairs and im looking at over 2k :eek:. So ill go to a few other shops and have a look :)

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
I can tell that attention to detail is one of your strong points. I always believed that you can't polish a turd but you are starting to prove me wrong. BTW, how is the drivetrain holding up? Usually when you see a car treated like that by an owner you can be assured it isn't the best mechanically. I also agree on losing the SS spoiler..............real quick. I will give you $50.00 for the HD. $60.00 if it's an X2 (which it ain't)