Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced Crank angle and DFI...still wont start...HELP

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
hey guys...my car has broken down 3times in the past 2 days.....so far my repair bill is up too 800 bucks.

The car wont turn over...and the spark plugs arnt getting spark. i've had a mechanic to replace the crank angle and the DFI (which cost me 450 bucks installed) the car was working fine for a few hours...then the starter motor went in it....The cost me 288 bucks for a new one *installed* and now the car wont start again...No spark too the Spark plug AGAIN.......

I'm totaly lost can anyone give me any ideas on wot it could be... oh and i've tests the coil packs...they are fine
Or does anyone know how much it costs for holden to put it on their disongistis machine

I cant keep putting money into it...I'm almost thinking about ripping enough parts off it to get my 800 bucks back and taking it to the scrap yard

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
have u checked the error codes? do a quick search on error codes and it should pull up the thread, all u need is a paperclip, pen n paper.. that will point u in the right direction, then post up what codes u get.

is a 6 banga yea?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Check for a signal at the injectors too and let us know what you find. You can do this by using a test light or multimeter and checking for pulses while you try to start the car.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
have u checked the error codes? do a quick search on error codes and it should pull up the thread, all u need is a paperclip, pen n paper.. that will point u in the right direction, then post up what codes u get.

is a 6 banga yea?

yeah shes a 6 bangga

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Check for a signal at the injectors too and let us know what you find. You can do this by using a test light or multimeter and checking for pulses while you try to start the car.

The first time around there was so pluse to the injectors and no spark. not sure about this time

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
i get code 12.... which doesnt make ANY sence

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
check all the sensors are plugged in properly , no loose connections , and the engine earths are clean and tight, on the front left near the alternator, and back right.
Then i'd be getting a test light or a multimeter and checking you got power in all the right places. Gregories has a reasonable procedure on it , gets a bit technical though.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
double check the connector at the DFI module, make sure its in and the bolt is nice n tight.. mine was a bit loose and car wouldnt start sometimes

Nick

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
will have 2 give it a try

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
the pins on the dfi module can fail to make a decent contact once they have been removed. ive seen it heaps of times on v6 commo's. just rermove plug off the dfi module and tighten up all the contacts with a paperclip or whatever then carefully reinstall and do up bolt if thats your fault. it'll fire straight up after that but expect a bit smoke if your injectors have been pumpin fuel in the whole time lol.