Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replaced swaybar link rods car now pulls to 1 side

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6, VP SII V6, 76 Mini SS
Hi.

I replaced the swaybar linkage rods and bushes with brand new items but the car now pulls to the left.

They are tightened the same both sides. I cant figured it out. What am i missing here?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
loosen them off make sure the car is on flat level ground push the front side to side up and down then get under and tighten them up as per specs

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
When i did them, i had the car jacked up off the ground and on chassis stands with the front wheels off and swaybar bolts loosened so it had movement.

I don't really get what you mean

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
The bolts should be done up just a little off the ground then lower the car onto the ground, go bouncy bouncy then tighten bolts.

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok sweet i will try that. Cheers

Farqhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did what yas suggested and seems alright.. The steering feels a bit firmer/heavier i guess.. I'm assuming thats normal for it considering it has brand new bushes? they are the blue hard rubber type ones

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Did you buy a whole heavy duty kit with rubbers, washers and link pins or just rubbers? Sounds like you have nolathane bushes or similar? Some of these bushes have a different arrangement of washers etc to the standard ones and are better off being fitted as a kit. Can you post a pic of each side?
When you fit these kits it's important to get it all in place properly before tightening it all up. What I have found it that to fit the standard link pins properly you need to drop the sway bar from the car, fit the links to the sway bar and then refit the whole lot into the car. Do it all up loosly and lower the car to the ground and tighten it all up to specification with the car resting fully on it's road wheels. I also roll the car back anbd forth a few times at least a few revolutions of the front wheels either way so the wheels sit properly as when you lower them they don't sit at their proper camber.