Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing buttons on commodore keys?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Yep Ebay FTW.

Be prepared for them not to fit 100% snug like the factory buttons. But who cares.

Exactly, it beats buying a new key from holden/locksmith or getting replacement buttons from a locksmith for about 30+ bucks...both of those options will leave you with an exposed small intestine.

Svu6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Sweet. Only thing is, i dont want the buttons fall out. Just bought a couple though, and they should be coming in within the next week :)

Cheers for the help boys

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Sweet. Only thing is, i dont want the buttons fall out. Just bought a couple though, and they should be coming in within the next week :)

Cheers for the help boys

Mine don't fall out their more prone to half of it falling in, but then you just pull it out again...then put it in again..then out then in then out then in;), then you have a baby set of keys!

RAMND1

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SVZ
Looking for some assistance on this matter please.
Just got some replacement buttons for the keys on my VZ. Undid the screws expecting an easy take apart but cant seem to separate the two sides.
Am I missing something here??

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The remote doesn't come apart, the screws just hold the key head and remote together.
You need to get a sharp craft knife and carefully cut away all of the old rubber around the inside of each hole.
Then the new buttons just pop in making sure the bottom lip of the button goes under the lip of the remote shell.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
I tried a small spot of super glue top to hold the new button in place until it "moulded" to the required rebate shape. Seemed to work OK.

Some buttons are sticky and will come out easily. Others are not sticky and stay in place.
Depends on the quality available on eBay.

Spares are so cheap I now keep a couple of sets on hand.