Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Door

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Is the oxygen to burn the car? (Been a bit troublesome)
LOL nah, if one of the 3 the angle grinders (4"/ 5"/ 9") can't fix it the oxy comes next.
I once fitted a 313 cu inch Chrysler v8 into an FC Holden ute using not much more than a 9" grinder, arc welder, oxy gear and a few ring spanners.
The authorities would jail me if i did that today.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
handles I can do. I have had way too many stuck pins, so I avoid door swaps. I have cut hinges before from wrecks just so I didn't have to fight the pins.
Tell ya what, if I ever buy another Gen II I'll call around and get you to fit a new lever for me. While I'm there I swap over or pull any doors you need done. :)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
No, same model. Just not sure if the central locking just hooks up or I need to replace?
If it's the same then the CL should be the same. I'd happily just swap the door out if paint colour is not an issue. The only thing that differs in the later doors is as Losh suggested and that is the actuator runs a different harness connector to the door loom. The actuators can be swapped out from the locking mechanism, but you'll also have to change over the door loom. Connection wise the door loom will fit straight into the body harness of the car.