Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing front studs

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Hitting tools like that is a great way to destroy the nerves and muscles in your hand.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Use an allen key and your hand.....Yes, they have loctite on them, but a few swift hits of an allen key with your hand loosens them off for me...
Bloody Hell, you must have hands like lumps of steel to be able to loosen the hub retaining bolts like that.
I've always used an inhex socket and a breaker bar, it works perfectly for me every time.

Hitting tools like that is a great way to destroy the nerves and muscles in your hand.
Too true mate. Know a couple of fellas with dodgy wrists & hands from doing exactly that.
Even at trade school 25 years ago I was taught not to hit my tools with my hand to loosen /tighten anything for this exact reason.
If you need to hit your tools with your hand to tighten/loosen anything, you are using the wrong tool for the job.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Bloody Hell, you must have hands like lumps of steel to be able to loosen the hub retaining bolts like that.
I've always used an inhex socket and a breaker bar, it works perfectly for me every time.

Too true mate. Know a couple of fellas with dodgy wrists & hands from doing exactly that.
Even at trade school 25 years ago I was taught not to hit my tools with my hand to loosen /tighten anything for this exact reason.
If you need to hit your tools with your hand to tighten/loosen anything, you are using the wrong tool for the job.

You can use air tools, but the knock on effect from using these is constantly, carpel tunnel and hearing loss....

No I'm not being a smart alex.....Carpel tunnel is nerve damage in the wrist, from the constant jolting it takes from the air tool.....Hearing loss, from the noise of the compressor and/or the air tools...(eg a nice air chisel is nice and quiet even with ear muffs on)

Unfortunately, any form on constant mechanical work creates wrist and hand issues....It's not limited to just hitting tools to loosen nuts and bolts