Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing the muffler vs cat back exhaust

Reidstah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I got some stainless Xforce mufflers from ebay for $120 second hand, much nicer sound over stock.
Then I fitted a mild steel Xforce center section I found on Gumtree, practically new, never fitted and while the difference wasn't as drastic over the mufflers swap, it does sound a little louder.
These were 2.5"

Before both of the above, I tried straight through tailpipes and they were horrible.

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
well ive gone a stainless cat back xforce 2.5. managed to pick one up for 700 new so il let you all know how goes. still need to get the thing lowered so the $ are adding up

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I got some stainless Xforce mufflers from ebay for $120 second hand, much nicer sound over stock.
Then I fitted a mild steel Xforce center section I found on Gumtree, practically new, never fitted and while the difference wasn't as drastic over the mufflers swap, it does sound a little louder.
These were 2.5"

Before both of the above, I tried straight through tailpipes and they were horrible.

Was it just the rear mufflers you replaced or the centre ones also?