Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing vapiour injectors?

gref

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
ok I went and saw another bloke today, and he thinks it's most likely the coils. I had new plugs put in a couple of months ago and it fixed it briefly. He said new plugs will mask a dodgy coil for a short time. At least coils are cheaper to buy than injectors, if they don't work might have to grab injectors anyway. He also told me to use BP gas as it's usually better than shell, caltex etc He said theres a place in country vic (allendale) that has 100% pure propane and recommended the drive to fill up at least to clean out the system

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I never understood what made the price of diesel injectors so much... can you enlighten us Sab?

Im not too sure either. It's ridiculous though.

TwoUpTourer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive LPG
Anyone know what a good price is to have my vapour injectors replaced? I got a price today and it was EXPENSIVE

Interesting this has popped up, as I was about to ring up today to get a price. A year ago Ultra Tune charged me about $180 each for 3 of them. Due to an unrelated problem I had with the LPG converter recently, I rang the Holden dealership, only to be told that even though it was a factory install, the parts were not held by Holdens but Impco:-

LPG Components

This includes the converter and the injectors. I then found that the local agents in Adelaide, MegaGas, sold the Impco gear cheaper by a small amount.
Now my reasoning, and experience, is that Ultratune must have added their mark-up when they supplied me the injectors for $180 each, so I was about to call MegaGas today to see exactly what they do sell for.

I'll report back tomorrow if I can get the time at work to call them.