Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reprogramming cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjg001755

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
I'm restoring a VY Commodore I have purchased every single piece of badges tags complete club Sport kit in fact it looks drives and feels more a Club Sport than a real Club Sport however, I'd been checking every conceivable means to purchase a Club Sport instrument cluster unfortunately it came out of an VY R8 Maloo my vehicle is a Holden by Design for what I've spent doing up my car so far I could have bought a genuine Club Sport twice over the thing is I only want the word Maloo taken off the LCD screen the odometer changed to my current vehicle's odometer WHY? is this such a big ask can anyone help me accomplish this Please

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
You should repost this question in the VY section or maybe the moderators can do it for you...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I'm restoring a VY Commodore I have purchased every single piece of badges tags complete club Sport kit in fact it looks drives and feels more a Club Sport than a real Club Sport however, I'd been checking every conceivable means to purchase a Club Sport instrument cluster unfortunately it came out of an VY R8 Maloo my vehicle is a Holden by Design for what I've spent doing up my car so far I could have bought a genuine Club Sport twice over the thing is I only want the word Maloo taken off the LCD screen the odometer changed to my current vehicle's odometer WHY? is this such a big ask can anyone help me accomplish this Please
Send it off to Envyous Customs. Easy.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Send it off to Envyous Customs. Easy.
He requested the odometer not be changed on the replacement, and then also refused to prove original clusters odometer reading.
That is why it was so hard for him, since what he has requested is odometer fraud whether he is aware of it or not.

anthonyjg001755

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
No I DID NOT ASK YOU TO COMMIT ODOMETER FRAUD I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A THING UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT TO ME I asked which most probably you weren't on the same page as me to reprogram the HSV cluster so it would work on my vehicle correctly & that I have just I bought it as an upgrade to my present cluster and reprogrammed to the odometer reading which is original klms that it has on it from my original cluster apparently this is "NOT FRAUD" however, you are the professional reprogramming is your field of expertise "NOT MINE" tactfully you could have advised me that is the only way it can be done lawfully, you could have explained yourself what can and what can't be done as I did not ask you to commit fraud I would never ask that of any one be careful because your post is tantamount to slander which is a prosecutable offense and I feel that's exactly what you are implying.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
No I DID NOT ASK YOU TO COMMIT ODOMETER FRAUD I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A THING UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT TO ME I asked which most probably you weren't on the same page as me to reprogram the HSV cluster so it would work on my vehicle correctly & that I have just I bought it as an upgrade to my present cluster and reprogrammed to the odometer reading which is original klms that it has on it from my original cluster apparently this is "NOT FRAUD" however, you are the professional reprogramming is your field of expertise "NOT MINE" tactfully you could have advised me that is the only way it can be done lawfully, you could have explained yourself what can and what can't be done as I did not ask you to commit fraud I would never ask that of any one be careful because your post is tantamount to slander which is a prosecutable offense and I feel that's exactly what you are implying.
I have the email trail of you explicitly requesting to change the odometer to zero, then after stating that it must be changed to match your original cluster, you then continued to state that you do not want to change the odometer reading of the maloo cluster and to leave it as is.
Under both circumstances, you were indicated that the replacement cluster must be changed to match the original. This was explained multiple times via email and phone call.

As you were unable or unwilling to provide the original, the order was cancelled and refunded (If there was one pending).
You are more then welcome to open a case with ACCC or authorities, I will simply pass on our email records to them.
Finally, as your full name and details are not public, slander is not applicable. But, you are welcome to proceed. I have a zero tolerance for odometer related matters.

anthonyjg001755

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
You are the expert or at least you claim to be I on the other hand do not know the do's or don'ts I had hoped you would of set me straight when I contacted you I hadn't a clue what I was asking you to do that's where I thought you'd set me straight suggesting what is allowed and what is not but "NO" you didn't you just barked at me sorry I'm 68 years old I would have expected a little more respect NO matter your NOT the only programmer in town now that I know what I am able to do which by the way is exactly what I wanted in the first place I'll be able to get the job done by a real professional sorry that I am unable to say anything favorable about you but there simply isn't anything that I possibly could say & sorry but your advertisement of upgrades made easy does not apply to me.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
You are the expert or at least you claim to be I on the other hand do not know the do's or don'ts I had hoped you would of set me straight when I contacted you I hadn't a clue what I was asking you to do that's where I thought you'd set me straight suggesting what is allowed and what is not but "NO" you didn't you just barked at me sorry I'm 68 years old I would have expected a little more respect NO matter your NOT the only programmer in town now that I know what I am able to do which by the way is exactly what I wanted in the first place I'll be able to get the job done by a real professional sorry that I am unable to say anything favorable about you but there simply isn't anything that I possibly could say & sorry but your advertisement of upgrades made easy does not apply to me.

I did explain to you multiple times, breaking down exactly why it is not legal but you refused to listen, and wanted a task which wasn't lawful done. You are welcome to argue this as much as you want, but this discussion is closed.

No problem, I have never stated I am the only one that does it. Theres quite a few people/workshops that use our software for reprogramming.

Status
Not open for further replies.