Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

respray

existentialist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I'm looking at respraying my VS (check it out in 'my ride') as the paint is peeling off because the insurance company did a botchy job years earlier.

I have access to high quality clearcoat and hardener as well as a good spray gun, so i guess all i need is the base paint...

What's a good place to buy the paint? I'm after that champagne colour which i supposed is a little rare...

Is it hard to DIY?

Any general tips and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
If it was an insurance job I'd be getting in touch with the insurance company or the repairer. Many places offer up to 10 years guarantee on paint work. Also is it really that bad? You sure it's not just something that can be fixed with a cutting/buffing compound and a machine polisher? Show us some pictures.

existentialist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
If it was an insurance job I'd be getting in touch with the insurance company or the repairer. Many places offer up to 10 years guarantee on paint work. Also is it really that bad? You sure it's not just something that can be fixed with a cutting/buffing compound and a machine polisher? Show us some pictures.

it's quite bad... will have to sand down and repaint... ill post some pics soon.. how much for a full respray if i provide the clearcoat and hardener?

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It's still cost a bit. Also, to lower the cost a little more, do the prep work yourself if you can.

Must have been a shonky bodyworks that did it if the paintwork has gone to the **** a few years later, is that bad it needs a full respray. I'd be contacting the insurance company and see what they say. But you'll probably just get told that you can't prove it's dogdy work....

SthEastCustoms

Reaction score
Members Ride
wagon
gday mate im a spray painter if you want give me a call on 0433362309 and i can help you out...

if you take ur clear to a shop they most likely wont use it because they cant gaurentee the quality and you dont get a cover on it, second in most casses you can blend all panels rather than doing a full colour respray

P.S. anyone else reading this and wants resprays call me 0433362309..Based in Victoria