Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Restoring VP boot garnish

VP-57-TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive series 2
Hey guys unsure if this has been asked before but I have a good condition VP boot garnish trim which is faded and I wanted to repaint it so it back to the red it once was and was wondering what colour is the closest to what it should be the car is a series 2 Calais

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Kitten Cream Polishing Wax No.1 works wonders on automotive plastics and clears. If it's really faded and you cant polish it out, your two options are:

Rub it with approx 1000 grit wet and dry and clear coat it with acrylic.

Or rub it with 2000 grit wet and dry and the above Kitten product is good enough to polish out 2000 sanding marks.

Don't bother painting a VP garnish panel it will look horrible.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Fading from the inside out due to water ingestion?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Fading from the inside out due to water ingestion?
its translucent plastic. thats like asking is there a paint code for my tail lights. when they fade i usually throw them in the bin. you could mess around with a red urethane candy or something but it will probably end up a mess in which case is cheaper and easier to just track down a good condition one. you could paint them body color too if need be, but they look retarded like that imo.