Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Richie's VT Exec - VX SS Kitted - A tidy 6 banger

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
So not much happening, just did radiator & bottom hose. Also bought a backup heater tap as I know i'll most likely die this summer.

Box, exhaust, rear electric windows, electric aerial, a working bonnet latch, cruise control & new stalks all going in mid-February as I've got 3 weeks off at the time...

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
So, a week out from getting the car all sorted I had an epic breakdown... Which I managed to limp to the mechanic thinking it was a coilpack..... But no, it wasn't..

Notice something missing?
IMG_8939.JPG

Yep, broken valve Spring & valve somewhere smashed into the piston... Seized engine!
IMG_8940.JPG

So Hayden from HC Mechanical is hooking me up with a low k's Eco and sorting out the rest of my list of things to do...

In the mean time I gave the rest of the exhaust a hit with the wire brush & a coat of high heat paint... Really happy with the result...
IMG_8941.JPG

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Damn

Super 6 time?

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]

dr364

The Dollar Dazzler
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute, VT Berlina, Cruze SRi-Z
Man that is pretty poor luck :( are you going to transplant any goodies you had into the new eco?

Pity you can't get that L67 blown eco now, it might work out the same price or cheaper to do it now, rather than get a replacement eco now then L67 later on?

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Man that is pretty poor luck :( are you going to transplant any goodies you had into the new eco?

Pity you can't get that L67 blown eco now, it might work out the same price or cheaper to do it now, rather than get a replacement eco now then L67 later on?

Just moving intake & plenum with spacers into the new... Think my 1.98s may have been too much for the stock springs so I'll bin them...

---

Re: L67 now, I won't bother - I'm bartering work with a good mate to build that engine... but it will be a looong slow process so I just need something to get me to & from work

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Soooo car is back! Loving life again...

dr364 was correct and the sound of a factory twin system with extractors is fairly boring/average.... but least it breathes now...

Only other issue that has come up from the exhaust is there seems to be a part of the exhaust rubbing on the body (most likely stupid designed 4bolt flange from the no-name extractors)

Also, built-box is a winnner

dr364

The Dollar Dazzler
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute, VT Berlina, Cruze SRi-Z
Great to hear its back :) Shame your experience with the twin system is similar to mine...