Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rim/tyre size question

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
if i put a 14inch wheel on one side on the rear of my car and a 15inch wheel on the other side will this be bad

Will i be able to drive around with a 14 on one side and a 15 on the other?:confused:

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
It will get you home but I wouldn't travel too far as it will blow your diff if its the rear. I think its illegal too but if you have to put it on the front making sure the 2 rears are the same.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah temp solution olny mate thats all i can say otherwise youll do damage that youll pay bigger for later

lol i was expecting this to be the hey ive got 22" or what not can i leagally put these on my 80 model barina or something along those lines

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
hey mike if you need another 15inch wheel and tyre go ring the other michael or i will give you his number he has about 4 of them.

azdysb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Going up in Rim size

If I'm on a standard 15" rim with standard tyres and want to go up to a 16" rim also with standard tyres......do you need anything else modified? e.g. willl the speedo be impacted by the change?
Thanks.

azdysb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Cheers

Maaateee :) Thanks heaps for your speedy reply. You've helped muchly & muchly appreciated. :w00t:

Jimboss

Reaction score
From a legal standpoint you need to have the same rim size on each axle (so 20's on the front and 14's on rear is ok), so you can technically get a defect for it, but i'm pretty sure that the coppers wouldn't notice it, unless you really piss them off.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, legally you'll be in a bit of bollocks, but mechanically you should be okay. I drove around for months with a 17" and a 14" on the front of my old mazda 626 :p lol