Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof Lining Falling Down

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
sounds to me like you all could of saved yourself some money DIY.
it might look a little tricky or difficult when you look at it, but removing the lining and board are piss easy.
as for embossed patterns and stuff,it would be simple as to cut some foam (to whatever shape,pattern,design you want) and glue it to the backing board,then glue the material over it making the foam bulge out creating a embossed style.
all this would cost is about $20-30 for glue and some of your time.

C

cleggy88

The Guy on Ebay charges $20 deposit and then you pay the rest ($200).
he is on the central coast - Gosford.

I did My UTE lining myself and it looks great. Take the lining out completely and brush off all the crap and coruption and you will be horrified to find that your hood lining is in fact made of cardboard. Go to a Fabric Shop and get yourself a length of windcheater material in what ever color is close to the rest of your trim.

a couple of cans of spray adhesive and you are in business. Total cost to me was $6 for the material, $18 worth of adhesive, and an afternoon of taking my time to make sure i got it right.

Anthony H Holden!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Thanks for the feedback, as mine is partially off, I am going with the spray adheshive. If that dosn't work, I am going to take the whole lot out and paint the roof blue...

stubang

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon
my car too has the roof lining sagging, i was talkin to a mate about it and his theory is that every commo he has seen with a saggy roof lining has been smoked in he reckons there must be something in the smoke that reacts with the foam/glue, im not sure if hes right but it sounds possible, does anyone know a trimmer in melbourne that could fix up mine for me ?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
my car too has the roof lining sagging, i was talkin to a mate about it and his theory is that every commo he has seen with a saggy roof lining has been smoked in he reckons there must be something in the smoke that reacts with the foam/glue, im not sure if hes right but it sounds possible....

Mine has never been smoked in and the lining has sagged badly. Does anyone know who can supply genuine, or at least identical material so I can do it myself? I hate the look of the cheap 'spotlight' material.