Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rory's 2006 Patrol

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I would be surprised if it does-but give it a go and let me know how you go

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Jump on patrol4x4 mate heaps of Info on there.... And you can check out my patrol build too!

----500rwhp corn juiced & boosted ls1----

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
Jump on patrol4x4 mate heaps of Info on there.... And you can check out my patrol build too!

Cheers mate, will do.
Tried to register before but it failed to send an email, will have to have a closer look

Took the patrol out over the weekend as planned to Two Rocks and spent most of the 40 degree weather in the ocean having a good time :)
Walking along the beach and saw a bloke on a KTM stack it big time on some rocks, jumped in the car and went to help him out, he ended up with a broken wrist and had some of his mates take him back to Joondalup emergency.
Where I ended up stopping though was very soft and had a little trouble getting out but got there with fairly minimal effort, just a few swings of the shovel...
Hoping to get out there as much as possible in the future, its only an hours drive from home and its a great day out...

7agubuda.jpg

ryje8ubu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Flex Friday at home.
jGRcLmLuPRmPN.JPG

Also grabbed some spottie covers as I didn't want to crack my lenses. The blue helps make a little bit whiter light than clear / no covers.
Might head to the beach for a swim tomorrow and take it for a sand bash...

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
How she going mate?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
How she going mate?

Going well. I've signed up at the patrol forum now too.
I'm getting a GME TX3500 from a friend over the weekend that I will need to install somewhere. Not really sure on location yet though. Plan is to take it out to Two Rocks for a camp over the weekend with some mates. I went out to Mundaring Powerlines last Friday night with the same mates and had a blast. some really tough rigs like a fully forged TB48 turbo patrol and a similar 105 Cruiser.
Gave it some new wiper blades last night and they helped heaps :) best $8 I've spent :) also I've had the radio fascia out and have given it a sand and a coat of silver, its looking pretty good now, not free from imperfection but heaps better than it was before.

Car also got a service, fresh oil, and new oil, air and fuel filters. The front wheel bearings were also done.

Chucked a bottle opener on a retractable lanyard in the cargo area for the drinks on the beach :D
I've ordered some gear for building myself some drawers too, going to include a 760mm draw on the left, a fridge slide above that and a sub box against the back seats behind the left draw and then a 960mm draw on the right. Flush height along the top with the pockets on the sides of the cargo area (360mm) and I'm thinking about chopping the cargo barrier for more depth (otherwise drawers will be 100mm shorter)

I have also redone the wiring from the battery to the spot light relay as the 20A fuse had a bit of a melt as it was old and in a crap holder with **** wire. Looks better and isn't melting the fuse anymore :)

Realizing that I will have to take some pics to show what I mean about some of these things but yeah, hasnt exactly been quiet :) exactly how I like it...

EDIT: Drawers design can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7uRIeJnjS31bWpmdm1yUkVxUk0/edit?usp=sharing (perks of using autocad at work) They still need a bit of work though.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Cool.
Check out my build thread on there.
"Enrohs gu coilcab"

Should be a good little touring setup boss.

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dash has been painted as there was score marks in it from a previous UHF handpiece cable coil. Only in a silver, nothing fancy.

TX3500 went in before our camping trip at Two Rocks on Saturday, works a treat, very happy. For the moment its cable tied to the center console near the 4X4 selector in the passenger footwell and the handpiece is up on the dash near the Head Unit, on the passenger side. It looks and functions ok where it is, not great but ok.

Also a surprise call from the fiancee yesterday confirmed that 2 inch shocks and coils are on order for pick up today :D cannot wait to install them over the weekend.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Dash has been painted as there was score marks in it from a previous UHF handpiece cable coil. Only in a silver, nothing fancy.

TX3500 went in before our camping trip at Two Rocks on Saturday, works a treat, very happy. For the moment its cable tied to the center console near the 4X4 selector in the passenger footwell and the handpiece is up on the dash near the Head Unit, on the passenger side. It looks and functions ok where it is, not great but ok.

Also a surprise call from the fiancee yesterday confirmed that 2 inch shocks and coils are on order for pick up today :D cannot wait to install them over the weekend.

What brand springs and shock did tou end up going mate?