Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

safety cert

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
hi all

Im doing a safety cert tomoz 2 things that im not shore on is that the passanger side wheels bearing u can feel the movement through the wheel and the SRS airbag lights on while my car still pass with these things wrong with it.?

It a 1997 VS commie

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
no wheel bearing will pass air bag wont i would fix it straight away but in your situation i would cover the light with black tape or something so it cant bee seen

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
no wheel bearing will pass air bag wont i would fix it straight away but in your situation i would cover the light with black tape or something so it cant bee seen

K ill fix the airbag issue. But i dont understand what u mean by the wheel bearing.? Its got a fair bit of movement when u hold the outside of the wheels and move it. So if its got that movement it will pass.?

kurt

kurt
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT belina
So u 100% shore that they wont fail me for my wheel bearing movement throght the passanger wheel.? U can feel the movement when u hold to hand on the wheel and shack it. Aswell i got an exhast leak aswell.?

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
If it fails i am pretty sure they give you 30 days to fix any problems they find and return for second inspection at no extra cost. :thumbsup:

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
if there is an exhaust leak, wheel bearing failure and Air bag leak you probably dont want to be driving the car on the road till its fixed anyway.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
the test is not about mechanical issues in qld it will pass just dont tell them bout the airbag

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
the test is not about mechanical issues in qld

OH THATS SCARY

In victoria iv had cars fail on such little things, admittedly iv go to a fussy work shop but these are some examples of what if had fail

1. right head light out 2 degrees
2. boot struts dont hold "as new"
3. Wheel alignment
4. sun visor clip broken

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
the test is not about mechanical issues in qld it will pass just dont tell them bout the airbag

you got a dodgy inspector didn't ya

when my VT went over the pits last year they wanted to fail it for having a legal-but-only-just tyre, and yeah they do fail for airbag lights up here. they test drive it so they'll find the wheel bearing and exhaust leak

mr-magic

Reaction score
OH THATS SCARY

In victoria iv had cars fail on such little things, admittedly iv go to a fussy work shop but these are some examples of what if had fail

1. right head light out 2 degrees
2. boot struts dont hold "as new"
3. Wheel alignment
4. sun visor clip broken

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING