Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Saftey systems on VE

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Dump the clutch and mash the throttle, as she starts gaining traction push down on the brakes.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I'm thinking if you're doing a burnout (sustained loss of traction = possible impound of the car in some states), i doubt your insurance would mean a thing anyway.

Yeah I know that, but its more risky with the insurance if it where off.

No worries lighting the rears in a VE with traction turned off.
The only thud I get is axle tramp occasionally in the dry..

Do you have an SV6 or a SS. I might record it one day and post it up here.

Lol a VE 6 litre will bag up VERY easily just push the ESP button :D

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I'm only on P's so stuck with a 6 atm

More loud pedal

I give it a fair bit, ive tried 5000, 6000 revs and also 1st and 2nd.

Assuming you are doing this on legit skidpans and closed roads.

I'm honestly surprised that you are having issues in a manual, dump the clutch a little more and throw more power should get you going. These newer cars aren't great at destroying themselves (which is basically what a burnout is doing).

The SV6 doesn't have quite as much torque, you may struggle to do decent burnouts without that grunt the SS's have - Im not bagging 6's FYI, I have one and love it.

My advice, live without burnouts.

Yeah i agree much more easier for it to happen when you have 8 cylinders behind you. Though Ive tried everything. Its only on dry roads i have the problem, not in the wet. In the wet it sustains for ages. But that means nothing when its wet haha

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeah I know that, but its more risky with the insurance if it where off.

Do you have an SV6 or a SS. I might record it one day and post it up here.

I'm only on P's so stuck with a 6 atm

I give it a fair bit, ive tried 5000, 6000 revs and also 1st and 2nd.

Yeah i agree much more easier for it to happen when you have 8 cylinders behind you. Though Ive tried everything. Its only on dry roads i have the problem, not in the wet. In the wet it sustains for ages. But that means nothing when its wet haha

The car can record abuse so if it's under warranty be very careful I know someone who I employ funnily enough who has a 2010 SIDI shot a piston and holden knocked him back because he hit his rev limiter a ridiculous amount of times. True story! Had to get a personal loan to rebuild the engine as was NOT cheap!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Pfft limiter is there to protect the engine

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
I got an 8.. But if this thudding noise your getting doesn't happen in the wet and TC is turned off I'd be assuming its something else. Does it feel bouncy (for lack of a better word) when you try to spin the rear wheels in the dry?

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
it's a maual ute and you can't lose traction? you've probably already f**ked your clutch causing it to slip under pressure